Skip to main content
Question

Can you spot the error in this placeholder text?

• 19 April 2024
  • 5 replies

{{ticket.requester.name}} has requested travel to  {{ticket.ri_207_cf_where_are_you_going}}, which is on the restricted list.

This error will appear as a System note saying, “Not given.”

The error in this expression is that the second right curly brace is not in bold format. }}

Freshservice support was able to find it; mind you, this was buried in a 50-node workflow.

I believe this is an insight as to how Fresh parses the HTML in expressions. The <\b> tag cut off the second right brace, and so the value was not found.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Vanderdecken 

As of now we don’t have a direct way to identify if the placeholder is inserted properly or has an issue with it. We’ll have this converted to an idea so our product team has visibility on the suggestion.

The issue is that the second right curly brace is not in bold, causing the value to be missed. This is due to the `<b>` tag cutting off the brace. Ensure HTML tags do not interfere with curly braces by properly closing them or removing bold formatting. This will allow the value to be correctly parsed.i have recently fixed the placeholder bug for inasaldiningprices, a famous fast food blog in philippines, covering mang inasal. everything went smooth and ok.

Without seeing the placeholder text, I can't directly identify the specific error. Placeholder text is typically used as temporary content to represent where actual content will appear later. Errors in placeholder text could include spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, or incorrect information  click here  that doesn't accurately reflect the intended content.

{{ticket.requester.name}} has requested travel to  {{ticket.ri_207_cf_where_are_you_going}}, which is on the restricted list.

This error will appear as a System note saying, “Not given.”

The error in this expression is that the second right curly brace is not in bold format. }}

Freshservice support was able to find it; mind you, this was buried in a 50-node workflow.

I believe this is an insight as to how Fresh parses the HTML in expressions. The <\b> tag cut off the second right brace, and so the value was not found in rocomamasmenu.

It looks like the issue was caused by the <\b> tag cutting off the second right brace in the expression, which prevented the value from being found. This insight into how Freshservice parses HTML in expressions might help avoid similar issues in the future. Thanks for pointing it out!

Certainly! If you’re referring to a common placeholder text, like "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit," it might be helpful to check for a few common issues. Here are some examples of errors you might find:

1. Typographical Errors: Ensure all words are spelled correctly and appropriately.

2. Consistency: Verify that the text format and style are consistent throughout the placeholder.

3. Content Relevance: Check if the placeholder text suits the context where it is used. Placeholder text should not include unrelated or irrelevant content.