‘Tis the Season for Dark Mode - Activate the all-new Freshservice experience on your web and mobile app!!

• 22 December 2023
  • 33 replies
‘Tis the Season for Dark Mode - Activate the all-new Freshservice experience on your web and mobile app!!

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello everyone! Wishing you all a very happy new year and hope you had a wonderful time with your families! 🎉

I am so very glad that you and your teams loved the early Christmas present, courtesy our product team!! 🎁

Thank you so much for your patience and keeping the momentum going to ensuring the enhancement gets implemented! Should you have any further feedback, please drop a note here and tag @Priyanka Doshi or write directly to support@freshservice.com.

CC: @mbutler @zachary.king @mattbu1 @Wade brand @hashirshabbir 

Userlevel 1

Love to see it. 

Dark mode is causing some issues with the formatting of our solution articles though. 

If someone could direct me to where I can submit proper feedback, I’d appreciate it.

Please write to support@freshservice.com - We’re all ears! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks for sharing @msconfig87 !

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi! Was the dark mode updated to make the reply/text box white? It looks like this changed within the past day or two, before it was black/grey/dark blue like the rest. It’s rather aggressive on the eyes now and makes the dark mode a bit pointless.

It looks like there’s a CSS class called “forced-light-theme” on the box now and removing it sets it back, but we want to avoid third-party extensions to do this. If there’s a setting to change this back please let me know!

Hi @RaccoonGuy​​​​​@andresmtz ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your input. We had identified an issue with the rich text editor that affected the readability of text with hard-coded or specific colors in both light & dark modes.

Our team is actively working on a comprehensive solution to address this issue. In the meantime, to ensure users can continue without hindrance, we've implemented a temporary change which you are observing. When editing text in the editor, the background will be in white, allowing users to define text colors in light mode. However, once the content is published and viewed in dark mode, the background will switch to dark, and the text color will be in white. It's important to note that the white background only applies during the editing process to provide users with an accurate preview of the content they are editing.

Please be aware that this is an interim fix, and we are diligently working on resolving the rich text editor issue to seamlessly support both light and dark modes. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Regards,

Priyanka

Appreciate the addition of this feature! Excited to see further enhancements. I'm really enjoying it!

Badge +1

wow

it is designed to be easy on the eyes, especially during those long, tiring work hours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi! Was the dark mode updated to make the reply/text box white? It looks like this changed within the past day or two, before it was black/grey/dark blue like the rest. It’s rather aggressive on the eyes now and makes the dark mode a bit pointless.

It looks like there’s a CSS class called “forced-light-theme” on the box now and removing it sets it back, but we want to avoid third-party extensions to do this. If there’s a setting to change this back please let me know!

This is still happening for us. Anyone seen any updates about this? 

Hey @Priyanka Doshi - please can you advise?

Hi,

Can I add this into my apk website?