Skip to main content
Question

List of supported Liquid Filters in Freshservice

• 29 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Is there a list of all the liquid filters that are supported in Freshworks products? The solution here only points to a Github repository of some of the filters that shopify has and even in this list not everything is supposed inside of Freshservice. 

https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003382-powerful-placeholders-with-liquid-filters 

Link mentioned in article:https://shopify.github.io/liquid/basics/introduction/

I also noticed that some liquid filters don’t process correctly inside of an Expression node compared to a Action Node that adds a note. I stopped using liquid filters in Expression node after awhile due to having no way of knowing what syntax problem I am running into whether it is with the filter or Expression node itself. 

4 replies

Badge

I want to bring this thread back to life as I am working on an email parser to get table data.  I am trying to get an HTML table from an email.  While you would think this is easy, it appears that the expression node transforms the HTML when you paste or access the data.  It is essentially manipulating the data before my eyes.

Anyone found a way around this behavior?

Badge

Hi Rawilkins,

We need further details to assist you with this query. We'll ask the support team to reach out and provide additional help.

Badge

Prasanth,  I don’t think its an issue with support.  I will chat with them on my weekly call on Tuesday, but this might be designed behavior so that you don’t allow scripting in the notes or description, but it is very frustrating trying to use a substring expression and get everything in-between table tags when they are parsed in the node.  What I am really looking for is consistent behavior, not one way when in the workflow editor, one way when the ticket is actioned, and a completely separate when testing the node. 

Badge +1

Thank you Dino for following up on this. 

I saw a ticket was support created for me and completely forgot about it since they labeled to source as phone. 

Prasanth, I will follow up with you via the ticket as well as provide my examples here when I find them again as this is from 4 months ago and need to refresh on what I went away from doing.