Solved

Run automation workflow on specific date?

• 22 February 2022
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

Badge +1

The recently released scheduled workflow has allowed for a work-around. I use it to look for a date field in the SR, and update the ticket status and route it.

Also throwing in my hat on wanting an update on this feature.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’ve spent the best part of this week trying to work this workflow out! As we want to have scheduled comms for server updates sent 2 weeks before, 2 days before and on the “proposed start date”. 

For this we were looking at using release management but the only thing we can do is delay the comms. so we can log the release exactly 2 weeks before and have it schedule comms, but having a dynamic field would be perfect. Something that fires an action x days before or after a set date field. 

As the other thing we really wanted was the ability to CHANGE this date on the fly. So if we did that the timer i assume would sit in its workflow thats already fired when the ticket was created. And i doubt theres a way to nerf that once its set. 

But if there’s anything else we can use to do this that would be great! As i really want to take that load off the network team and let the system handle timely comms!

We have a need to be able to have a ticket updated to “Open” status on a date specified in a date field within the ticket fields area.  This seems like a simple function that isn’t available.  I’m not certain it would be addressed by the above either functions and is not currently available in product.  Is this function coming?

This would allow us to put tickets to an “On Hold” status until the specified date within each individual ticket.  Once that date occurs, the ticket status would be updated to Open allowing our agents to be able to better manage current requests.