Question

Workflow to run on the due date

Badge +3

is it possible to run a workflow on the due date and time? 

trying to provide flexible automation so that the helpdesk team can own the offboarding process, and make adjustments if anyone asks for a small change to one of the offboarding tasks timing. 

trying to use the due date to kick off workflow automation that kicks off powershell scripts. 

how can i get a datetime based event trigger? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

is it possible to run a workflow on the due date and time? 

trying to provide flexible automation so that the helpdesk team can own the offboarding process, and make adjustments if anyone asks for a small change to one of the offboarding tasks timing. 

trying to use the due date to kick off workflow automation that kicks off powershell scripts. 

how can i get a datetime based event trigger? 

Have you looked att the scheduled worksflows?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I agree, scheduled workflows would work need to see if it can interact with due date, if not then ask fresh to add it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

diffInDays('{{current_date_and_time_iso}}','{{ticket.due_by_time_iso}}') <= 30

That is if it’s less then 30 days. you could change it to static 10 days.  == 10 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It’s this as well I think. The wording is a bit off 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

So what i normally do with auto leaver, is say If “Leaving Date” is Less than today, then run at the scheduled time. 

I find due date on a ticket to be a little fussy with triggers and setting automatically, but you can use any date /time field on a ticket, as the trigger for a Scheduled workflow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

So what i normally do with auto leaver, is say If “Leaving Date” is Less than today, then run at the scheduled time. 

I find due date on a ticket to be a little fussy with triggers and setting automatically, but you can use any date /time field on a ticket, as the trigger for a Scheduled workflow. 

ya, it can shift if the ticket set on hold, Better to use the date field on the service item. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

ya, it can shift if the ticket set on hold, Better to use the date field on the service item. 

Yes, I would agree with you. Either using the specific Leaving date on the off boarding ticket, or the custom field on the service item. And then using tags or status to control things flowing.