Conversation

Ask the Expert ft. Ramya ā“ | Your Freshdesk blueprint for the holiday break | Ask our in-house expert

• 8 December 2021
  • 36 replies
Ask the Expert ft. Ramya ā“ | Your Freshdesk blueprint for the holiday break | Ask our in-house expert

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

36 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Is there a better, working, updated Freshdesk theme for the knowledgebase? Donā€™t you think we deserve it from the #1 company?Ā :wink:

Thanks,

Ā 

Definitely, @Tharinda. :)Ā 

It would be great if you can share more insights on how you would like to set up knowledge base for your business.Ā Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Apologies if this is a noob question, but we just started with Freshdesk this week.

One issue we ran into this past weekend was a brief power outage over the weekend -- Monday morning I returned to two emails from every UPS and Switch saying they had an issue and then saying they were back onlineā€¦ hundreds of messages to merge and close.Ā  I like getting the alerts when itā€™s a single unit acting up, but even a brief power drop is a real mess.Ā  Our old helpdesk allowed us to merge or close in one search, but I find myself dealing with the cases 30 at a time.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?Ā  All come from the same address (e.g. notifications@domainname.com), but I havenā€™t figured out how to automate what to do with themā€¦Ā I donā€™t want to toss them out or close them, and assigning them all to one agent seems cruel.Ā  Is this where youā€™d assign to a group?Ā Ā 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ā 

Hello @Opado,

For your requirements,Ā if multipleĀ emails are received from the same requestor within a short time span, you can try theĀ ā€œAuto ticket mergerā€Ā app whichĀ automatically mergesĀ the incoming tickets to the primary oneĀ based on the ticket requestor. Please refer to this link for more details. You can also check out theĀ ā€œAutoMergeā€Ā app for your requirements.

Ā 

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Ramya,

Does Freshdesk have wildcard searching or partial searching for data within tickets or other fields? If so, how do you turn that on or what characters do you need to use? If not, how is that not a thing and when will it be implemented?

Thanks!

-Alec

Ā 

Hey Alec,

At the moment, theĀ Search functionalityĀ in FreshdeskĀ works in such a way every time you enter a search query, Freshdesk will search across tickets, solution articles, forum posts, and customers (contacts and companies), and in the following items within theĀ broader categories:

• TicketsĀ - subject lines, descriptions, notes, replies, ticket fields, tags, attachment names
  • Contacts/companiesĀ - names, emails, phone numbers, contact fields
  • Solution articlesĀ - Titles, descriptions, tags, attachment names
  • ForumsĀ - Titles, posts

You can absolutelyĀ make use of any keywords/charactersĀ you want to search and toggle onĀ variousĀ search preference optionsĀ that we have to get the required search results (as in the screenshot below).Ā 

Ā 

Cheers,

Is there a better, working, updated Freshdesk theme for the knowledgebase? Donā€™t you think we deserve it from the #1 company?Ā :wink:

Thanks,

Apologies if this is a noob question, but we just started with Freshdesk this week.

One issue we ran into this past weekend was a brief power outage over the weekend -- Monday morning I returned to two emails from every UPS and Switch saying they had an issue and then saying they were back onlineā€¦ hundreds of messages to merge and close.Ā  I like getting the alerts when itā€™s a single unit acting up, but even a brief power drop is a real mess.Ā  Our old helpdesk allowed us to merge or close in one search, but I find myself dealing with the cases 30 at a time.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?Ā  All come from the same address (e.g. notifications@domainname.com), but I havenā€™t figured out how to automate what to do with themā€¦Ā I donā€™t want to toss them out or close them, and assigning them all to one agent seems cruel.Ā  Is this where youā€™d assign to a group?Ā Ā 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Ramya,

Does Freshdesk have wildcard searching or partial searching for data within tickets or other fields? If so, how do you turn that on or what characters do you need to use? If not, how is that not a thing and when will it be implemented?

Thanks!

-Alec

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

i would like logo with christmas!Ā 

The Christmas theme is on the way,Ā @caygri. ItĀ should be liveĀ by mid-december! :)

Cheers!Ā 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

HeyĀ @chris.barker,

Nice to e-meet you. Hope you are good! :)

We totally understand itā€™s been some time since the scheduled/recurring tickets request has been raised with us. This is truly a valid feedback and you can be assured this is in our product teamā€™s bucket. Weā€™ll make sure to notifyĀ the team once again and keep you updated in this community when the feature is out.Ā 

Ā 

Have a wonderful day. Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

i would like logo with christmas!Ā 

Badge +5

Hey Ramya,

Freshdesk users have been requesting scheduled/recurring tickets for over five years (https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/312856/page/1?url_locale=), is it ever going to happen?

I appreciate thereā€™s overlap with Freshservice, but there are many Freshdesk customers that would massively benefit from this feature too. The need for tickets to be raised automatically on a recurring/scheduled basis is a helpdesk function as well as an ITSM function.

Trying to make our own functionality through APIs or third party tools like Power Automate is painful and time consuming at best. :(

Regards,

Chris

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Good day, folks!Ā 

Shoot your questions here and I would be happy to help! :D

Ā 

Cheers,