‘Tis the Season for Dark Mode - Activate the all-new Freshservice experience on your web and mobile app!!

• 22 December 2023
  • 33 replies
‘Tis the Season for Dark Mode - Activate the all-new Freshservice experience on your web and mobile app!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

From Dawn to Dark with Freshservice!

Hello Freshservice Community!

Guess what? We've got some seriously cool news to brighten up your day – or should we say, darken it a bit? 

Drumroll, please! 🥁 The product idea with the most votes has officially stepped into the limelight! Can't resist a good play on words, can we?

To all of you that said, 

pdMcGm0D0CiV-Bf98TftujO4CCSrJHIAWO2F1CqKB_bVRN-KzndTcDneU-CrA51KdRM6_8G-B8kOv0U0WG9zrLH3asN-nbWE1it_358BMdOLEHOeUQMObyhhfxp_GJI3FGcID6yjw8wLTGTeYEaWqm0

It’s time to embrace the dark side and unleash your inner night owls!

Public Beta for Dark Mode is now LIVE!

Hold on to your keyboards because we're over the moon to spill the beans on our latest and greatest update! We're officially launching Dark Mode support for both the web agent portal and our mobile apps. It's not just an update; it's a leap into the sleek, eye-friendly, and downright cool!

A Sneak Peek into the Shadows

During this beta release, you can toggle between the classic light theme and the all-new Dark Mode. To get started, just head to your profile menu on the web or the settings menu on the mobile app and make the switch. 

Dark Mode isn’t just a feature; it is designed to be easy on the eyes, especially during those long, tiring work hours.

A Glimpse of What's to Come

Hold onto your hat (or your Darth Vader helmet?)!

While most of Freshservice will be basking in the glory of Dark Mode during the beta, some modules are still a work in progress. They'll be sticking to the Light Side for now. 

Don't worry; we hear you! They will soon join the Dark Side!

No Sign-Up Required

We get it – waiting is so last season. There's no need for sign-ups or waiting lists. Everyone gets immediate access to Dark Mode on D-Day. So, start exploring, and hey, tell us what you think!

Help Us Shape the Future

Your thoughts are pure gold to us! As you navigate the Dark Mode wonderland, shout out your ideas and suggestions if you encounter any glitches. Your input is like Yoda to our Luke Skywalker. 

Drop your feedback in the reply section, and we're all ears!

Thanks for being a part of the Freshservice community. Here's to embracing the shadows with Dark Mode – may the force be with you!

33 replies

Badge +1

wow

it is designed to be easy on the eyes, especially during those long, tiring work hours.

Hi! Was the dark mode updated to make the reply/text box white? It looks like this changed within the past day or two, before it was black/grey/dark blue like the rest. It’s rather aggressive on the eyes now and makes the dark mode a bit pointless.

It looks like there’s a CSS class called “forced-light-theme” on the box now and removing it sets it back, but we want to avoid third-party extensions to do this. If there’s a setting to change this back please let me know!

This is still happening for us. Anyone seen any updates about this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi! Was the dark mode updated to make the reply/text box white? It looks like this changed within the past day or two, before it was black/grey/dark blue like the rest. It’s rather aggressive on the eyes now and makes the dark mode a bit pointless.

It looks like there’s a CSS class called “forced-light-theme” on the box now and removing it sets it back, but we want to avoid third-party extensions to do this. If there’s a setting to change this back please let me know!

Hey @Priyanka Doshi - please can you advise?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We had identified an issue with the rich text editor that affected the readability of text with hard-coded or specific colors in both light & dark modes.

Our team is actively working on a comprehensive solution to address this issue. In the meantime, to ensure users can continue without hindrance, we've implemented a temporary change which you are observing. When editing text in the editor, the background will be in white, allowing users to define text colors in light mode. However, once the content is published and viewed in dark mode, the background will switch to dark, and the text color will be in white. It's important to note that the white background only applies during the editing process to provide users with an accurate preview of the content they are editing.

Please be aware that this is an interim fix, and we are diligently working on resolving the rich text editor issue to seamlessly support both light and dark modes. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Hi,

Can I add this into my apk website?

Hello There, 

Is this pre-beta only available in phases, I don’t see the option for my current ticket platform. I have reached out to you guys separately as well. 

Thank you, 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Priyanka Doshi 

I’m very happy for everyone working with Freshservice that they got a Dark Mode! But when do we as Freshdesk users get it? :(
From what I’ve seen, Freshservice and Freshdesk aren’t that different in terms of UI. Is somethin like this in the works?

I’d absolutely love to use Freshdesk in Darkmode! It still is one of the very very few websites we us that are only in light mode.

Thanks!

Hey Guys, 

So this experimental feature is being rolled out only to the tiers above the free version of Freshdesk. If so, do you know when is the time frame for rolling this feature to free version users. 

Thank you,