‘Tis the Season for Dark Mode - Activate the all-new Freshservice experience on your web and mobile app!!

• 22 December 2023
  • 33 replies
‘Tis the Season for Dark Mode - Activate the all-new Freshservice experience on your web and mobile app!!

Show first post

33 replies

Badge +1

wow

it is designed to be easy on the eyes, especially during those long, tiring work hours.

Hi! Was the dark mode updated to make the reply/text box white? It looks like this changed within the past day or two, before it was black/grey/dark blue like the rest. It’s rather aggressive on the eyes now and makes the dark mode a bit pointless.

It looks like there’s a CSS class called “forced-light-theme” on the box now and removing it sets it back, but we want to avoid third-party extensions to do this. If there’s a setting to change this back please let me know!

This is still happening for us. Anyone seen any updates about this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi! Was the dark mode updated to make the reply/text box white? It looks like this changed within the past day or two, before it was black/grey/dark blue like the rest. It’s rather aggressive on the eyes now and makes the dark mode a bit pointless.

It looks like there’s a CSS class called “forced-light-theme” on the box now and removing it sets it back, but we want to avoid third-party extensions to do this. If there’s a setting to change this back please let me know!

Hey @Priyanka Doshi - please can you advise?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We had identified an issue with the rich text editor that affected the readability of text with hard-coded or specific colors in both light & dark modes.

Our team is actively working on a comprehensive solution to address this issue. In the meantime, to ensure users can continue without hindrance, we've implemented a temporary change which you are observing. When editing text in the editor, the background will be in white, allowing users to define text colors in light mode. However, once the content is published and viewed in dark mode, the background will switch to dark, and the text color will be in white. It's important to note that the white background only applies during the editing process to provide users with an accurate preview of the content they are editing.

Please be aware that this is an interim fix, and we are diligently working on resolving the rich text editor issue to seamlessly support both light and dark modes. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Hi,

Can I add this into my apk website?

Hello There, 

Is this pre-beta only available in phases, I don’t see the option for my current ticket platform. I have reached out to you guys separately as well. 

Thank you, 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Priyanka Doshi 

I’m very happy for everyone working with Freshservice that they got a Dark Mode! But when do we as Freshdesk users get it? :(
From what I’ve seen, Freshservice and Freshdesk aren’t that different in terms of UI. Is somethin like this in the works?

I’d absolutely love to use Freshdesk in Darkmode! It still is one of the very very few websites we us that are only in light mode.

Thanks!

Hey Guys, 

So this experimental feature is being rolled out only to the tiers above the free version of Freshdesk. If so, do you know when is the time frame for rolling this feature to free version users. 

Thank you,