Question

Extracting Detailed "Company" Contact Information Beyond the Platform's Export Feature

• 12 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on the forum, so please excuse any mistakes I might make.

My manager has requested that I create an Excel report of all "Company" contacts, including some information that is not available in the platform's export function:

While I understand that it is possible to do this manually, we have over 70 registered companies, and doing this one by one would take a significant amount of time that I could potentially save here.

My question is: Is there another way to obtain this report? I need to:

• Catalog all of my clients in a spreadsheet, including their respective groups, each state (UF), city, address, contact email, and contact phone number.

If you use any tools, APIs, or if it is possible to request Fresh support to generate this report for me, please let me know how.

Thank you very much in advance!

3 replies

Hello Héricles.

Same here, my first post.

We would like to export all Inventory Assets to Excel INCLUDING attributes like serialnumber.

But it is not possible to choose this attribute.

Is it possible to create a feature request of this?

Did you open a ticket at Freshworks Support?

Cheers!
Michel

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on the forum, so please excuse any mistakes I might make.

My manager has requested that I create an Excel report of all "Company" contacts, including some information that is not available in the platform's export function:

While I understand that it is possible to do this manually, we have over 70 registered companies, and doing this one by one would take a significant amount of time that I could potentially save here.

My question is: Is there another way to obtain this report? I need to:

• Catalog all of my clients in a spreadsheet, including their respective groups, each state (UF), city, address, contact email, and contact phone number.

If you use any tools, APIs, or if it is possible to request Fresh support to generate this report for me, please let me know how.

Thank you very much in advance!

Oi Héricles. Ben-vindo! 

Actually, there are API’s you could use. You may take a look to this:

Freshdesk

However, I think the most helpful option for you would be the Instance Data Export. You might check this:

How do I export my helpdesk data? : Freshdesk

This way, in the downloaded Zip file, once extracted, you will have all contacts (among other data).

Or, you might also try creating an Analytics Report, and in a specific widget, set the Underlying data with the columns you need, and export that data, being in CSV and properly formatted.

I think the last two options could be very helpful for your need.

P.S.: FreshDesk support team should not be able to generate that data for you, unless you create and grant them access to your instance, and they will do one of the given suggestions.

At.te,

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello Héricles.

Same here, my first post.

We would like to export all Inventory Assets to Excel INCLUDING attributes like serialnumber.

But it is not possible to choose this attribute.

Is it possible to create a feature request of this?

Did you open a ticket at Freshworks Support?

Cheers!
Michel

Hallo michel and wilkcommen (apologies for any mistake, my German is a little bit rusty).

As this is a different topic despite of being related to data export, I’d suggest to submit a new inquiry in the community.

However, in this case, the answer may be a little (hopefully) easy.

There are different Asset Types.

Not all asset types handle Serial Number.

If you’re interested in exporting the serial number, you need to filter / limit the view to such asset types only.

For instance, if filtering by Asset type Hardware (which by default works with serial number), you may find even more available fields to export, all related to the chosen asset type:

You may notice that Serial Number. Warranty date and more fields are available.

If Asset type filter is left to All Assets, then it will allow to export only the fields that are common to all asset types.

Hope this helps to your need. If further help or clarification is needed, please submit a new inquiry here in the Community in order to don’t mix up responses.

Regards,