Solved

Multiple products

• 25 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Our company does a lot of service tasks for B2B customers, and they often have more than 1 item for us to service.  I have not been able to find any way for us to record these items in Freshdesk without having us type the items into the description box or any other free text fields. I would like to have a way we can record all items, AND draw reports on them.

Anybody have any idea?

icon

Best answer by eeha0120 27 October 2023, 03:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Mikester

I am not sure what you refer here by items? A lot of our customers usually have an order management system and that will be integrated to Freshdesk (or) if it’s related to IT usecase and you need to maintain the Asset information this is possible with Freshservice

Else you can have a custom field to record the items (or) create a custom object in Freshdesk. 

If you throw more light on your use-case, we can help you further. 

You can reach out to your Account Manager or write to support@freshdesk.com for easy resolution.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello Priya

Thank you for the response!

What I mean is, that when a technician goes to a store and have to assess or repair more than 1 item it becomes challenging. We have a dependent field property that can accommodate 1 item, but this is not enough for stores. So, this means that the technician has to record the item information in a free text field.  When he returns to the depot, someone else then has to capture the items into our system. As you can imagine, this is not very productive as two people are doing the same work.

Hope this makes more sense?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hello Priya

Thank you for the response!

What I mean is, that when a technician goes to a store and have to assess or repair more than 1 item it becomes challenging. We have a dependent field property that can accommodate 1 item, but this is not enough for stores. So, this means that the technician has to record the item information in a free text field.  When he returns to the depot, someone else then has to capture the items into our system. As you can imagine, this is not very productive as two people are doing the same work.

Hope this makes more sense?

Hi @Mikester .

Thank you very much for clarifying this.

Your scenario suits what Priya suggested:

FreshDesk is currently more targeted to Help Desk.

But FreshWorks have another solution called FreshService.

With this, among others, you can have Service Request, and these SRs can be created with several items, and you may have status by every independent item. For instance, you have SR-01, with Item 1, Item 2 and Item 3, and have Item 1 Delivered and Item 2 and 3 in Process, and when all items are served, you can Resolve/Close your Service Request.

Your use case seems more like using FreshService instead of FreshDesk, or using both depending on your scenario, which can be integrated.

I also suggest to contact your Account Manager in order you can have more details about it, and even get a demo.

Sincerely,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello Elvis

Thanks so much for the response. I will have a look into this.