Ability to receive email notification for other agent responses

Exchange between Agent A and Customer A, for any interactions it's normal for Agent to receive email notifications for customer replies.

However, Agent A is no longer on shift to respond to Customer A. Later, during Agent B's shift, a reply comes in for Agent A then Agent B takes over but Agent A is still assigned. Agent B replies but no email notifications are sent and the ticket is set to waiting status. Agent A has no history and assumes that the customer has not replied back in that time frame. The workaround is to either reassign the ticket or to set an observer rule for all replies. The problem I see here with the observer rule is that there is, quite a bit more email spam and no way to prevent emails from coming in from self assigned tickets responses. Is there something we are missing in order to get regular agent response emails (non-note emails) from non-assigned agents?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Hello Houston,

Thanks for explaining your concern in detail.

You could make use of the "Watcher" functionality as shown in the below screenshot to follow the progress of a ticket, even if it is assigned to another agent in your team. You can monitor tickets by clicking on the “Star” icon within that ticket. Once you do, you'll receive email notifications of all the updates in the ticket.

This ticket will also be added to your watched tickets list. You can view all your monitored tickets by selecting the "Tickets I am Watching" view.

Regards,
Vishal

That wouldn't make sense if I'm already assigned to the ticket. I'm receiving notifications from the requester, why would I want double the email spam in the exchange? (I would be getting my own replies via email, and replies from the requester emailed twice.) If another agent replies to my ticket, I do not receive emails of it. That goes double for the new internal agent option and email notifications of the ticket being merged, they do not exist. If you add new features, please make sure to implement the options fully. We're losing track of tickets when another agent responds, in a large pool of incoming tickets. Appreciate that you guys are at least listening to this rant. Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Houston, 

We can achieve this by using an observer rule that will trigger emails to the original agent in case if there is an update made by another agent on the ticket. Here's a snapshot of the rule :

The placeholder {{ticket.latest_public_comment}} provides more context to the original agent by including the content written by the other agent along with his/her name .

Unfortunately, this doesn't prevent the self replies coming into the mailbox but we'll definitely take this case up to the product team and see if we can build on this.

Hope this helps !

Cheers!

Ah, we actually did have a rule setup but as you noted, it does give self emails. I have a semi-workaround which is to only send emails when it's not OPEN but it still let's some through and that did prevent quite a few tickets from falling into SLA violation. Thanks for sending that up to your devs, please make sure that includes something setup for internal agents as well. It's a very useful feature, just not being to be notified by email when out of the office is the only fallback. Thanks again!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Certainly,Houston 🙂 We would keep adding more options to the shared ownership feature (using which you can share tickets with other agents ) but we thought this might interest you ! 

How about the agent getting a notification on top of the freshdesk panel about any ticket related updates? Yes, you read it right. We're releasing a new feature - Smart notifications for agents which will empower the agents to get all ticket related updates without the need of relying upon emails. 

We're working on enabling this feature in phases and you should be able to find this in your helpdesk pretty soon :)

If you would like to know more about how it works, please take a look at the knowledge base article here. Be sure to let your team know!

Cheers!

Thanks for the info. Actually, that would be really great! This would help immensely, with keeping track of tickets. Is there anyway that we can partake in the beta version of this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Unfortunately,we have closed out the beta for this feature. We are rolling this out for majority of the accounts in the next few days and I'll make sure that yours is listed :) 

Happy FreshDesk-ing !

Cheers!

FYI, I am getting notification on my own actions... Seems to spring from this same issue.