Question

Advanced conditional mandatory fields

• 30 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi!

I have been researching and I cannot find a solution.

We manage various client requests in Freshdesk and we want to make 2 ticket fields (region and type) mandatory before marking tickets resolved or closed, only for tickets assigned to a specific group, not for all tickets in our workspace.

With general settings ->Ticket fields it doesn't work as it applies to all tickets.

With the app Options_based required fields it doesn't work because it triggers at any update of the ticket (when it gets reassigned for example and we only need it to be mandatory before changing the status to resolved/closed).

Do you have any idea how this can be solved?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @roxanagolescu,

For your business requirements, you can use the Options_based required fields app and configue like in the screenshot below. Here it says for the status resolved/closed the following ticket fields should be mandatory.

Options_based required field app configuration

However, I understand this would be applicable to all tickets irrespective of the groups. To sort this out, you can create additional ticket fields specific to a group and hide/show those fields based on groups. This is again achievable via apps like Hide fields, Hide/Disable fields, Custom ticket fields. App links for your reference: 

Alternatively, you can develop a custom application to suffice your requirements. This can be done with the help of your developers or you can reach out to us for further assistance. Doc for help on custom apps: https://developers.freshdesk.com/v2/docs/custom-apps/

Cheers,

Freshworks Community Team