AMA with the Freshdesk team - May Edition

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello,

We're excited to be back for the second edition. Join us on Thursday,24th May 2018 from 8.30 pm to 9 pm IST (GMT+5.30). Stay tuned for updates to follow!

Cheers!

This topic has been closed for comments

23 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Boom!!! We're live. Start posting your questions :) 

When a requester submits a ticket by email for the first
time, it's confusing that they receive the "New Ticket" email before
the "User Activation" email. Will this be changed?

When a requester submits a ticket by email for the first
time, it's confusing that they receive the "New Ticket" email before
the "User Activation" email. Will this be changed?

When webhook dispater'r rule fails, what happens to that the ticket that was being evaluated?

Do you have plans to expand the Dispatch'R to allow more complete rule evaluation. For example; Subject = "Bug" AND To Email IN (help@xxxx.com, support@xxxx.com, bug@xxx.com) ?

We love dependent fields. 
However, it would be nice to have nested dependent fields.  Any plans on expanding this feature?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Stephanie,

First comment 🙂 Freshdesk has a retry mechanism that gets activated as soon as the webhook calls setup via automations fail. There would be 3 retries in the span of one hour, post which, you'd get an alert notifying about the failure.

Cheers!

Are any enhancements coming to the Forums or Solutions/Knowledge Base areas in the near future?

When Freshdesk notifies the admin of a failure, are the ticket details included so that the customer can still be contacted?

Stephanie,

Depending on your usecase for nested dependent fields, we can write an app that might solve most of your requirements. Please reach out to support@freshdesk.com and we'll help :)

We love the related articles that appear on the portal when keywords are detected at ticket entry.  How can we show related articles that only agents will see when reviewing tickets?

Hi Stephanie,

We're working on expanding the capabilities of our automations, which should help trigger rules for conditions similar to the one you've mentioned ( "Subject = "Bug" AND To Email IN (help@xxxx.com, support@xxxx.com, bug@xxx.com)" . We're working on collecting different use-cases to cover as part of the revamp. We'll keep you posted as soon as the revamp is complete!

Regards,

Chara

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Kevin Yes. We're already working on enhancing the Knowledge Base section. You can follow the ongoing discussion here.

We'll be happy to connect offline and showcase some visual mocks.

Cheers!

Our agents love creating child tickets to help group issues.   However, they report that because visually the child tickets are not nested under the parent, it makes it difficult to manage.  Any plans to address this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Stephanie: Regarding the solution articles suggester, agents can click on Insert Solution option in the reply editor and it will automatically suggest solution articles related to the email's content.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Folks,

We're keeping this thread live until the end of the week. We'll try to answer quick as much as we can but kindly excuse if there are some delays.

Cheers!

We have an Admin who needs full access to the system but should not be assigned tickets. Is there a way to prevent his name from appearing in the agent dropdown so as to avoid accidental ticket assignment? But still allow him the ability to add notes and receive notifications?

What are your plans for updating the PRIORITY fields?  Currently, we can't delete or modify the existing fields.  Plus, if we add new fields - we can't use certain rules against them (for example, in Supervisor - I can't create rules for HOURS SINCE MY NEW PRIORITY FIELD - I'm stuck with only using the original pre-canned priorities).

I ask, and maybe it's more of a feature request elsewhere, but we were forced to create new open, closed, pending status fields so that we could have DUAL agents work a ticket.  The current default system did not allow for this.  That then created all sorts of other problems for us in that we've had to create new custom rules, new dispatcher rules and much more.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Sorry that we lost some of your questions @Stephanie. Posting them here :)

1. Our agents love creating child tickets to help group issues. However, they report that because visually the child tickets are not nested under the parent, it makes it difficult to manage. Any plans to address this?

The parent ticket displays the number of child tickets associated and that helps in providing a clutter free experience with the app. You can click on the link and see all the child tickets in the side pane. We'd love to pick your brain - tweet us your design here @freshdesk/a> :)

2. When Freshdesk notifies the admin of a failure, are the ticket details included so that the customer can still be contacted?

Referring back to the webhook failure notifications, there could be multiple tickets where the webhook might not have been executed. Freshdesk sends you an alert with the link to the rule and you can always reach out to our Support Heroes if you need ticket or any additional information.

3. When a requester submits a ticket by email for the first time, it's confusing that they receive the "New Ticket" email before the "User Activation" email. Will this be changed?

This shouldn't happen ideally - the user should get the user activation email followed by the ticket related notifications. I notice that you've already raised a support ticket with us. We'll investigate this further.

Cheers!

Thank you Aravind.  In regards to my question about nesting child tickets under the parents, I was referring to the ticket list.  Thanks for following up!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Ah got it, Stephanie. I suppose you'd like to see the associated parent/child right from the ticket list view instead of having to go into the actual ticket page. Is that right?

Cheers!

Correct.  Often times, a single issue has many child tickets.  Showing the child tickets nested under the parent gives the agents a better sense of how many issues they are dealing with.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Shawn We're planning to revamp the ticket fields structure this year. It's too early for me to comment whether the enhancement would allow you to edit the priority field or not. Will keep a tab on this and let you know when things materialise.

With respect to sharing tickets between two agents, shared ownership can come in handy. Did you get a chance to look into this earlier?

Cheers!