API - creating a ticket

• 26 July 2012
  • 4 replies

I'm using the API to create tickets, and I'm able to get MOST of the way there, but a couple of details aren't quite working right.

1) Is there a way to specify the Product when submitting a new ticket? If I add the <product>{productid}</product> tag to our XML, I get an error.

2) Can I store the user's name at the point of creating a ticket? The example given in the API page says that I should use the <email> field to submit the email address, which is working just fine. But I also would like to submit the user's name as well -- otherwise, we're ending up with a lot of users in our database who have names that aren't really names -- it just strips off everything before the @ and puts it in the name field. Is there a way to submit the requester name as well at the point of ticket creation?

Thanks very much -- liking this product!

Dave V.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Hi Dave,

Just an update from our Email -  USE the <email-config-id></email-config-id>

Setting Name is not possible as of now, but we have taken this up for API enhancements.

regards
Vijay

Any update on this? I saw that this was a request from 2 years ago and it still doesn't look like this is part of the Create Ticket API.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello,

Both the options are possible using the V2 version of the API. Here's the link to the documentation : https://developer.freshdesk.com/api/#create_ticket

Cheers!