Solved

Auto reply message not showing Agent Name placeholder

• 29 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a Automation on our Freshdesk instance where a ticket is first Assigned to a group, then a Adds a tag and finally sends an Autoreply email with the assigned Agent Name as a Placeholder.  The Group is setup so that Agents get assigned the ticket using the Round robin ticket assignment option.  The email which is getting generated however is not showing the assigned Agent Name, and instead is just blank.  I tried testing the Agent Name field with a separate Automation which runs independently of the Automation mentioned above and then the Agent Name appears.

Can anyone provide me with some guidance on how I can make the Agent Name appear in the Autoreply email as the last step of my Automation?

icon

Best answer by Keer 2 February 2021, 14:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @ndalal, Good day :) 

If an agent has not been assigned when the email is sent out, the placeholder would hold a NULL value. For instance, if you are assigning tickets automatically and if no agent is available when the ticket is assigned to the group, the agent assigned would be NULL. 

To find out the exact root cause, it would be helpful if you could share screenshots of the ticket activities of one such ticket and also brief us on how ticket assignment works in your helpdesk. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, 

Keer, 

Freshworks Community Team.