Can not enable Agent Reply Template

• 18 July 2019
  • 5 replies

I can edit the Agent reply template under email notifications but cannot enable it.  Any ideas?

5 replies

Badge +7

Hello Simon,

The agent reply template will be auto-populated onto the reply text editor whenever an agent replies to a ticket.

Screenshot showing the placement of the agent reply template which is already auto-enabled.

Could you please check if the agent reply template isn't showing up when you click reply? If so, then it is probably a bug that we can look into.

Your screen shot is exactly what I am looking at.  What we are looking to do it when we reply to a ticket the customer does not receive the actual reply, they get a email saying there is a reply which can be viewed by clicking the following link. (which takes them to the portal).  Problem at the minute is when we reply to a ticket the user received the email with our reply and rather than responding via portal, they just reply to the email.

I though the template is what would need to be edited?

What would need to be changed in order to achieve this?

Badge +7

Hello Simon,

The agent reply template would be auto-populated onto the reply text editor whenever an agent replies to a ticket. In order to solve your use case, please try this:

You can setup an agent reply template that has placeholders for the ticket URL along with instructions asking the customer to click the link for providing their response instead of replying directly.

Here is a sample of how it will look for the admin. The placeholders will be dynamically be replaced based on the information from the ticket.

You can further customize the agent reply editor with these placeholders that can be found under the Insert placeholder button

List of placeholders that can be placed inside the agent reply template

Hello,

I have the same request as Simon.

I would like the content of the answer not to be present in the notification email.

@Remy/p>

We believe you are referring to 'Agent adds comment to the ticket notification' under Admin > Email Notifications > Requester notifications, that is sent out when the agent adds a public note to the ticket. The content of the public note that was added can be avoided on this email by removing the placeholders added below from this email notification.

Ticket comment
{{comment.commenter.name}} – {{comment.body}}

In case, we have misunderstood this, please write to us at support@freshdesk.com and we should be able to discuss this at length.

Cheers!