Cant save PDF report from Chrome

• 16 February 2015
  • 2 replies

While in the reports, I click the PDF and everything seems to be normal except that when I hover over the lower right (PDF is open in the browser), and click the SAVE icon, nothing happens. I suspect it is because of the way the page is generated. Can you please confirm is this is a known issue or intended behavior? I have gotten around it by PRINTING 'as a PDF' and then saving the file output.

Knowns:

Windows 8.1 64bit

Chrome Version 39.0.2171.99 m

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

I've had this issue for > 12 months, ended up using Firefox for reports

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello folks,

I just thought I can jump in and can give in a little bit of context on why this issue is present in the first place.

So, "Save as PDF" doesn't work because, we are using REST architecture and none of our pages can have the extensions like .PDF, .HTML, etc.  Now, if  you are wondering why Chrome allows you to save other PDF files without an issue here is the clarification for that ->

Chrome allows you to save the files that has .PDF as extension on the browser URL. If that is not available, then, the Save option will not be effective.

This is the issue that we're facing currently and hence addressing this immediately would be a little difficult.

In the mean time, you can try out FireFox and I believe you will not have any issues. Also, the print option would help. 

Please feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions. 

Thanks,
Sukanya