complaint : stop this unpaid branding/advertising for freshdesk

• 14 December 2013
  • 29 replies

It is bad enough that all of my helpdesk correspondence is being sign with :  from paul "via freshdesk" and not with "from paul via cinemaplugins.com"

Now I have noticed that all my forum entries and solutions are being labeled as being from Freshdesk via google.

My solutions are not from freshdesk and my forum is not the freshdesk forum!

I am paying good money for freshdesk and everywhere I look, I am advertising freshdesk and not my own portal !!!! It looks extremely tacky and as if I am on a free platform. some of my clients dont know if I am cinemaplugins or freshdesk. I got a client addressing me as freshdesk !!

This has to stop.it is unbacceptable for a paid solution. I do not want to advertize for freshdesk, I dont need this branding confusion and I find it beyond cheeky that freshdesk is doing this to the SEO for what is essentialy my forum,my solution and my work. I am not freshdesk and I dont want to be branded as such.the damage is already done.

I see no way to prevent this via the admin settings and this practice has to stop.

This topic has been closed for comments

29 replies

Looks like DKIM has solved the email aspect of this. However, original poster mentioned a second aspect, which is the " - Freshdesk" suffix in knowledge base articles that show up in Google search listing. Has something changed there?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Mr.Smith

The "-Freshdesk" suffix can be removed by setting up a CNAME URL for the Freshdesk portal. The search results would include the portal name specified in the setup .

CName setup

Cheers!

Aravind,

Regarding that CNAME article you pointed to. That's for going to a "vanity" domain, such as support.mycompany.com for Freshdesk. But there's no SSL on those by default and we'd have to pay you $180/year for you to issue a certificate, right?

Anyway, I'll leave it to the creator of this topic to decide if his questions are answered. It's been years, so he has probably long since moved on.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Smith :

Yes, by default , it references to the freshdesk domain unless a vanity URL is setup . The SSL certificate for one URL / year is free if you're on the Estate plan . Otherwise, it accounts for the commercials as you've mentioned 🙂

We missed out answering this particular question as it got lost admist the DKIM discussions and we thought it would be beneficial for other users who might have the same question !

Cheers!