Customers keep re-opening tickets

• 23 December 2013
  • 2 replies

We've just started implementing Freshdesk in our organisation and now I'm trying to prevent customers reopening their tickets by replying to it.

I've tried the solution provided here: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/31771.

I added an extra action for sending an e-mail to the customer. The e-mail is sent, but the tickets are still being reopened.

What am I doing wrong? Or should I use a different solution.

This is a screenshot of my observer rule (the language is Dutch, gesloten means closed)

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Louis,

Thank you for posting on our Forums.

To achieve your requirement, all you need to do is to change the default observer rule "Automatically reopen tickets when the customer responds" a little bit.

Please refer to the screenshot attached and add one more condition under "On Ticket with These Properties" section.

I am sorry for the information given in the forum post you referred. I will make sure that it is updated there as well.

I hope this helps. If there is anything else at all that I can do for you, feel free to write on our Forums or shoot us an email at support@freshdesk.com. Will always be glad to help out!

Wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Cheers,

Anna

default_observer_rule_13608.png
Thank you, that worked.
I completely overlooked that observer rule. Still learning :-)