Filter View dropdown disappears

Intermittently during the day, as I go through tickets and back to the main page, the dropdown for the filter list will just disappear.  I can Ctrl-F5 to reload the page and it comes back, but why is it disappearing in the first place?

Here's what it looks like when it's missing:

And after Ctrl-F5:

Browser: Firefox 37.0.1

O/S: Windows 8.1

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Leslie,

Sorry for getting back to you on this so incredibly late. 

Are you still facing issues with the filter options going missing? If yes, I believe it would be better if we can get on a screen sharing session so that I can sort this out sooner for you.

Anna

This happens constantly, on multiple computers.  It's not a browser issue.

Hello there,

Can you please give us some details of the browser(s) you are using as well as the Operating system (Windows or Mac)? Also, does refreshing the page seem to fix the issue or is the dropdown missing completely? 

It would help us to understand the issue so we can reproduce it locally.

Thanks,

Sudha

I've seen the same issue using Windows 7 and Windows 10, and using Google Chrome.  The version of Chrome I have now is Version 52.0.2743.116 m.

I can try using Internet Explorer to see if it does the same thing.

It's random, and refreshing the page makes the drop down appear again.

Screenshot from Chrome showing the missing filtername dropdown.

Thanks for the extra information, we are trying to reproduce it on our end to narrow it down. Hopefully, it re-appears in a quick refresh for you and doesn't hamper your productivity.

Thanks,

Sudha

Hello Todd,

Our team was unable to reproduce this on Windows and Mac with the same Chrome browser version. They did suggest that some changes are being pushed out today, so hopefully you aren't running into this issue with the new changes.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Sudha

It's still happening.

Windows 10 x64, Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m

I'm not sure how to replicate it, as it seems to happen randomly when switching back and forth between tickets and views.  Perhaps something is happening when you click on "Tickets" and it tries to go back to the last filter used.

To follow up on this thread. It happens in all browsers, FireFox, IE and Chrome. It happens in different versions of the browsers too.

As we have explained through your support channel and in meetings it is a problem with your auto refresh of the page.

To help you:

When it fails the last command run is full_paginate?tickets_in_current_page=30&_=1473409130572

But more importantly you will see now trace of the command eu-autorefreshnode.freshdesk.com/socket.io/?EIO=2&transport=polling&t=1473409261166-18&sid=Vfk0eoA7a2BCF0QOEOXM

So I guess you should look in the direction of autorefresh not being run.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Folks,

Can you please let us know if you're still running into troubles with the filter options in the ticket list view page? Of late, we haven't seen much issues with the page load / auto-refresh on this page.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Update :

We haven't seen this happening anymore. Closing out the thread for now. Please drop us a note here in case if you notice any abnormalities in the ticket page.

Cheers!