FreshDesk is Listening... Backspace NOT Working Correctly

• 8 February 2019
  • 7 replies

IF you were listening, you'd give us the OLD interface, you know, the one that isn't buggy and laggy as heck, back and tell us you won't be adding new features to it. THEN WE could decide WHEN we'd like to move to this new, MUCH MORE CONFUSING interface.

Since you AREN'T listening, maybe you could fix a very basic issue where when you backspace to delete a word, it automatically deletes the space once you delete the last character, and now you're typing your word attached to the previous.

Example: I type "...this is where hoswe" I press the backspace key to delete only the "hoswe" characters, and start typing and it does this: "...this is wherehoses come in".

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello,

Sorry that you're finding the new Mint experience confusing. We've shipped a few changes to the ticket page layout today based on the feedback we've received so far. We'd love to understand if there's something else we can do to make it better.

We've also fixed the issue with using the backspace on the editor. Can you please do a hard refresh of the page and then see if you're still running into issues?

Cheers!

Hello,

The first most obvious issue is the change from having the different Sections being labeled and at the top of the page (Dashboard, Tickets, etc.), and making them Symbols and putting them on the left. It's not intuitive, nor does it match what you've done in the past. So every single old customer needs to re-learn your product.

Not only was that a very bad idea by itself, but then you take the Ticket Filters that used to be on the left, and move them to the right!?! WHY!?!?! It's like you hired another company that's NEVER used your product to write new interface code.

I'm not sure what your "Target Customer" is, but I use this to do work, not to look "Pretty".

Speaking of... Using the "Mint" interface requires a lot more scrolling in general compared to the original. Things are spaced a bit farther away from each other which makes me reach for my mouse a bit more, which is frustrating.

While in a ticket, the old interface had 2 things it displayed in the main portion of my screen. From left to right, the Ticket Replies which accounted for 4/5 of the screen, and the other 1/5 had the Ticket Status, Requester Info, and Ticket Properties all stacked on top of each other. Now that I've been Mint'ified, 1/16 are the lovely non-labeled Icons that do something, 9/16 are the Ticket Replies, 5/32 are stacked Ticket Status and Ticket Properties, 5/32 are the Contact Details (WHY!?!?!), and the last 1/16 are more non-labeled Icon that likely do something.

So, we went from 80% of the screen displaying the Ticket, the thing that you need to work on the most, to around 56%. You've out-right wasted roughly 22% by un-stacking Contact Details from the other Ticket Properties and adding 3 buttons on the right-hand side. Fixing those would get us back up to 78% of the screen being the main event, THE TICKET!

To deal with the left side of the screen with those buttons that are meaningless to me, the "Bots" button doesn't work for a non-admin. So why do they see it? When I don't have access to something, I don't see it.

PLEASE prove me wrong, and actually listen and do something about my issues.

Badge +5

No @Bbyers- you are absolutely right. I am not sure who Freshdesk is thargetting with their updates but it is certainly not the people who use it.

You're definitely not wrong. Mint UI looks nice on the surface but it becomes obviously less useful once you actually start using it.

I won't pretend to know what would make it better, but SOMETHING can-- please bring in some UI experts, and have them evaluate.

I am not jumping on the complaining wagon today because I have already been aboard for many months now...

It seems they would listen to those who are ultimately paying their paycheck.  At this point who DOESN'T this affect?  Doesn't this affect all users?  Is there are particular branch of users that are using a different version?  I mean this seems like it would affect so many companies, big and small.

Definitely signs of possibly going under or being bought out.  Prove me wrong Freshworks...

Badge +2

Issue still happening intermittently but frequently.
Can confirm this is happening on Chrome with the following OS's: (with all plugins/extensions disabled)

MacOS 10.13.6
Win7 (latest)

Win10 v1909

@ Eric,

Do you still happen to face this issue? Please reach out to us at support@freshdesk.com and our support stars should be able to take a look for you.

@Jono,

We see that you have raised a ticket with our support team and this is being worked upon. We will keep you updated on the same ticket.

Thanks!