Question

Freshdesk SSO & Portal

• 11 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I’m having quite the trouble setting up Freshdesk and am doing so in an attempt to set up our company’s first IT Helpdesk and general Kbase solution.  I believe Freshdesk offers everything I need, but if I can’t get this figured out soon I will have to find a different solution.  I’m hoping this Topic post gets a fast response.

I have a custom domain for Freshworks SSO w/ Okta.  This works, without issue.  I also have a custom domain portal for my contacts (employees) to use.  When I create a Freshworks custom policy for SSO, so that my contacts can authenticate with Okta via the Custom Domain Freshdesk Portal, it asks me to select from a list of services - of which it refers to the original Freshdesk Support Desk domain name (not the custom Portal name - I suspect this is only referring to the account and not an issue).  Thus the problems begin:

From Okta SSO: I click the new tile for Freshdesk, expecting to land on the Portal, and it takes me to a page at my Freshworks custom domain (https://customdomain/sp/SAML//callback) with an error  on that page that says:

From Freshdesk Portal: The portal does not have a login as customer option.  Only Agent login. 

From the Freshdesk Admin Interface:

• Under Security, Freshdesk SSO is marked ‘Inactive’.  Is this related at all to the Freshworks Custom SSO configuration?  Is it related to Contact SSO login at all?  Why is it inactive if so, or should I just ignore it?
  • Under Portals, when clicking Access In the customize them, then the Access Controls cog, there is no login option for SSO.  Should there be?
  • When I select Customize on my custom domain portal, then click Pages, and choose ‘Login Page’, there is no ‘Placeholder’ option to add SSO or Customer Login’.

In Short - How do I add a second Okta Tile for my employees (contacts) to click so that they can reach our custom Freshdesk portal and search kbase or create tickets without having to register or set a separate username/password?

4 replies

Badge

Apologies - The Whitelabel error I was able to get past - the Customer ID didn’t paste into the tile.  The issue now is that I am presented with a Sign In page with a ‘Sign in with SSO’ button.  When clicking it, I get an error, ‘username@companydomain.com cannot be logged in as this user is not part of this organization’.  Obviously username and companydomain.com are replaced with our valid domain.  That said, The individuals logging in won’t have Organization accounts as they are contacts.  How do I get past this error?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @naptown.nerdest 

Greetings from Freshdesk community!

I see that a ticket has already been created for your issue and is being worked upon by us. Let us continue this on the same ticket.

Cheers,
Barun

Badge

Thank you Barun, looking forward to our conversation as well as providing the community the outcome.

I’m at this exact stage and having these exact error messages.

What was the resolution?