Google Chrome warning with custom domain?

• 6 February 2014
  • 10 replies

Hi,

I want to learn how to turn off google chrome warning with my custom domain? My customer complain that my support center is not safe because that warning!

Thanks you!

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Hi Vu

You would get the message because of Custom Domain without SSL Cert. You've enabled SSL for your account, but thats only for kimson.freshdesk.com, but then you've enabled Custom Domain, contact.kimsoncraft.com 

So you must obtain the SSL Cert from us for this domain and the error will not come up. You can raise a request for SSL Cert from Admin > Security and cert will be provided in 5-6 days and you will be charged accordingly

regards
Vijay

Hi,

Your company charge me for 200$ with custom SSL. Could we get more cheap? Because it is over our budget.

Kim Son

Hi Kim

I can understand the trouble here, but we are not charging for the SSL Cert, its the Certificate provider - DigiCert itself.

http://www.digicert.com/ssl-certificate-comparison.htm?gclid=CM6UnbbOtrwCFYUl4godjxAAsw

Cert costs $295 but we are getting it at a discounted price of $199 already, so going less than this means, we providing Cert at our own cost and for the resource and infrastructure involved in this, it would be huge loss for us

Hope you understand

regards

vijay

Hi,

Will my customer see Warning if i turn off:

Secure Connection using SSL

Secure Sockets Layer allows you to encrypt data that is transfered to and from Freshdesk

Your company take 11 hours to answer this question????

Yes it will be fixed.

regards

Viay

Hi,

My customer still seeing the problem about SSL Warning??? I already disable it on my Admin. Could someone recheck for me? Thanks!

Hi Vu

All Freshdesk Accounts, come with default SSL Enabled, so there is no option to disable SSL. If you don't want the customers to see this SSL message, you will have to disable the CNAME option, i.e. contact.kimsoncraft.com or subscribe for the Custom SSL cert

regards
Vijay

Hi,

It means that the problem warning from Google or IE don't fix while i disable this option:

Secure Connection using SSL

Secure Sockets Layer allows you to encrypt data that is transfered to and from Freshdesk

Please confirm?

Kim Son

Hi Vu

Apologies if my earlier response was not clear. 

Disabling the CNAME wil revert your Freshdesk kimsoncraft.freshdesk.com, which has a default SSL ceritificate and no browser will give this SSL Cert error

thanks

vijay