Question

Handling Spam email tickets

• 13 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi

In admin settings I do have captcha enabled for spam tickets (emails) however, I’m still getting spam emails. 

How can i filter them out without filtering out actual clients. Sometimes, the spam has come through a legitimate email address, but is spam.

thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Shimi,

try is this works.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello Shimi,

try is this works.

Hi @vijay_2am 

This rule is fine for OOF, but with spam the options in subject or description or sender are endless. How can we ever create a rule for spam?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @shimi, do you see a pattern in these SPAM tickets? For instance, the domain of the requester email address, subject, or if the to email is support@yourfreshdeskdomain.com. If so, we can configure a set of rules to stop them. 

You can delete those contacts so that all emails from that email would be automatically marked as SPAM. Can you check this once and share your insights?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Shimi,

try is this works.

Hi @vijay_2am 

This rule is fine for OOF, but with spam the options in subject or description or sender are endless. How can we ever create a rule for spam?

Thanks

Hello,

This was just an example I had quoted. You need to identify the pattern and define a rule accordingly.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @vijay_2am 

Its spam so the pattern is endless, you know?

Also why is spam coming through even though we have captcha enabled?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @shimi, do you see a pattern in these SPAM tickets? For instance, the domain of the requester email address, subject, or if the to email is support@yourfreshdeskdomain.com. If so, we can configure a set of rules to stop them. 

You can delete those contacts so that all emails from that email would be automatically marked as SPAM. Can you check this once and share your insights?

Hi @Keer ,

There is no pattern, they truly are SPAM and vary. The ‘To’ address is always the correct mailbox\email address we have set against each group in FreshDesk.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks for checking, @shimi. In that case, can you give us some insights on how you are classifying them as SPAM?   

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Well manually marking them as spam. the content is not related to the product and services we provide.

For example, click here to access my tax files, or some marketing service, or someone offering a web site development service.

The list goes on.