Solved

Having a ticket field sections within a section

• 3 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I am trying to create a condition based ticket form for the customers to fill in when creating a ticket. So I have placed a ticket field into a section field under another field. Is it possible to add another layer to this and add a section to the ticket field which is within a section currently. 

I am also wanting to know if sections can be added to the default product field?

Kind regards

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 4 November 2021, 13:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @TristanH,

Greetings from Freshworks Community. To answer your queries with Freshdesk:

1. Is it possible to add another layer to this and add a section to the ticket field which is within a section currently. → Are you trying to show a dynamic section when selecting a value inside a ticket field already in a dynamic section? If so, this can be done with the help of the Portal customization feature (Admin > Portals > Customize portal) in Freshdesk. Please refer to the link and take the help of your developers to achieve the same: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/71599 
    In case you require our assistance on this, feel free to drop a note here and we would be happy to help! 
  1. I am also wanting to know if sections can be added to the default product field? → At the moment, you can only add dynamic sections under the default field Type or any custom dropdown fields that you create. 
Badge +2

Hello @hemanth.ramya,

I am interested in adding a dynamic section to a ticket field already in a dynamic section. I looked at the articles you linked but am still a little unsure on how to allow this. Would you mind giving me a few more pointers? Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @abigayle.paulson ,

I hope you’re doing well!

Greetings from Freshworks Community!

I understand your concern, but I’m afraid it’s not possible create a Dynamic section inside a Dynamic section.

May you can try Dependent field, where you can add up 3 levels of Hierarchy. Please check this article for more info:
https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/37599-using-dependent-fields-in-your-ticket-form

Regards,
Jebas D.

Badge +4

This would be a great thing to have. Can it be please be considered