Help with Freshplug to update a Ticket Field

• 20 November 2013
  • 4 replies

Hi Freshdeskers!

We have exposed a database of our client information in a freshplug and created a nice iframe that displays customers data off their provided email address. We would like to create a separate freshplug that updates a freshdesk custom ticket field every time a ticket is closed with the customers current product version (in our database).

Could anybody point me in the right direction to achieve this. I had no trouble conceptualising displaying data via a freshdesk attribute but I need help updating a freshdesk ticket attribute from an external source.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Yes...I have a support system where customers reply through mails, and sometimes, there is insufficient data, so we need to get back to them to send their data in complete or in correct format. This is causing some more delay in closing the ticket. So I wish to have a custom form with my custom fields and validations, so that the customer data comes to me as required and then I pass it onto FreshDesk as a ticket, for processing in the regular way.

Any way I could do this...Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

Justin,

Let me see if I got this right: when a ticket's closed, you want a custom field to be updated with the customer's current product version(pulled from your DB). If I've gotten it right, then the Observer is the solution to all your problems. You can create an Observer rule to trigger a webhook call as soon as a ticket is closed. This solution article should help you get things sorted: https://support.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/157143-using-webhooks-with-the-observer. Hope this helps!

Divya,

Your customers primarily contact you through email, right? I think you'd be able to eliminate all the back-and-forth that you have to do to get all the information that you want by encouraging them to submit a ticket via your support portal rather than email. This way, your custom ticket form will be able to net all the information that you want right when your customers submit the ticket, itself. Here's how you can customize the ticket form: https://support.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/45957/folders/74594/articles/37595-customizing-the-ticket-form. I hope this helps! If I've gotten it wrong, you can get back to me here or drop us a line at support(at)freshdesk(dot)com. 

Hi Guys - Thanks for your input - I have been able to achieve my result by finding the custom ticked field name in Chromes Element Inspector. Then write a freshplug to grab the information from our DB and update via GetElementById after it checks that the ticket is not closed. So now whenever a valid open ticket is accessed the information will be updated