How do I update custom app code

• 16 February 2017
  • 8 replies

I have developed a custom app for my organization. And installed it. I now need to update code. Can't seem to be able to do that. 

I tried 'Replace file'  and then Publish , but that doesn't update the code. even though timestamp on the files seems to be correct (new). 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Lena,

Sorry to hear that you're running into troubles with the custom app code. Can you please help me with the screenshot of the error received on the console while trying to save it?

Cheers!

I've been having the same issue, i upload the new file but it doesn't get deployed.

To give more context, when i click on replace and specify the new zip file, after i click publish the file date is reverted as if the file i uploaded was discarded.

Having the same issue. I ended up creating a 2nd app, then a 3rd, then a 4th. I also don't see a way of deleting apps, so they are starting to pile up.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Carlos&Jason,

Please look out for the email in your inbox regarding the app issue. One of our support engineers will get in touch with you shortly.

Cheers!

Thanks. Another thing I keep running into is a javascript error

"appPlaceholder is not defined"

Seems like it is not yet available when I am in my initialize method.

I am having the same problem, I have developed custom app and i am trying to update the code, But the code doesn't get updated. I have tried replace file many times, But it didn't worked. So please review and resolve the issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Dhiraj

Looks like one of our support agents got in touch with you regarding the app issue.

We request all users to raise a support ticket on support@freshdesk.com in case if you run into issues with the app publication. Since each issue would be localised , we would like to investigate into each issues separately.