Question

How do you Sync Azure users as contacts in Freshdesk

• 9 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I have setup SSO for a new freshdesk account and am trying to work out how i have Freshdesk know about all our employees, so that when i go to create a ticket i can select and assign it to them.  i cannot see anywhere in the settings that seems to support this - can anyone advise?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Twazok ,

Welcome to Freshworks Community :)

Are you referring users as agents or contacts in Freshdesk? We have something called "Auto Provisioning" in Freshdesk.

What is Auto Provisioning?

Automated User Provisioning encompasses automating the procedures of adding users and managing their access.

In Freshdesk, we can set up contact’s provisioning using the custom policies. Click on the link to know more: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000002088-cconfiguring-custom-sso-policies-under-org.

Kindly note that this provisioning is only possible for contacts. For agents, we need to have a verified agent profile in Freshdesk, the same person as a registered User in the azure active directory. Syncing is not possible for agents.

Here's to you

Vidya D

Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service :)