Question

How to assign a Service Task to more than one field technician ?

• 14 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,
For our Freshdesk instance the Field Service Management module is activated.

At my company it is tipical to send 2 field technicians on site to perform a repair activity.

To create the on site calls we create Service Tasks from tickets.

In a Service Task it is possible to define the responsible field technician.

But this can be done by choosing ONLY ONE from the list of field techs.

Is it possible to setup Freshdesk system to allow us to assign more than one Field Technician to the same Service Task ?
Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Gabor  Service Task cannot be assigned to more than one Field technician however you can enable automatic Field task creation from Automation module. Refer to the below link ( Copy the link text to your browser)

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000002102-automatically-create-new-service-tasks-for-specific-tickets

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you @vinothkumar.manoharan !
That was my assumption.

However I think it is a valid request.

Can you convert this Question to an Idea ?

Thank you:

Gabor

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Gabor ,

Welcome to Freshworks Community :)

Thank you for getting back, We understand your business needs, We will pass on this feedback to our product team, You can also submit this idea and vote up for our existing feature request using this link- https://community.freshworks.com/ideas

Here’s to you
Vidya D

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Vidya Deenadayalan ,

I have submitted the topic as a new idea.

Thank you:

Gabor

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Gabor,

Thank you for submitting the request. Based on the customer demand, our product manager will check the feasibility and include this in our roadmap. Watch out this space for future product enhancements.

Here’s to you,
Vidya D

Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service :)