How to disable ticketing?

• 27 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I'm using Freshdesk just for the Knowledge Base feature but I don't want users to submit tickets. How can I disable that option?

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Ramiro,

There are couple of ways in which you could achieve this. Let me start with the easiest option. 

1. You can turn off the 'User activation email' under Admin -> Email notifications -> Requester notifications section so that no user can register for an account in your support portal. You could then turn on this setting under Admin -> Portals -> Settings page so that the new ticket page would appear only for registered users (no one!).

2. If you're on the Estate plan, you could customise the new ticket page with HTML and CSS and make it obvious for the users visiting the portal to check the knowledgebase section.

Cheers!

Thanks for the tips! Option 1 seems the only valid one in this case as I’m using the free plan atm.
It can be confusing however to allow users to sign up but prevent the system from fulfilling the registration process... will think about that.
Thanks again. I appreciate the constructive response.
I also encourage you to provide a way to disable the ticketing system with a simple switch in the admin panel.
Regards

Hi,

Is there any suggestions on custom CSS to hide the 'New Support Ticket' where not required on one portal but still required on another?

Thanks,

Ewan

Hello Ewan, 

Hope you are well. 

You can make use of the following code to hide the +New Support Ticket. Navigate to Admin -> Portals -> Customize Portal -> Stylesheet and paste the following code:

a.mobile-icon-nav-newticket.new-ticket.ellipsis {

display: none;

}

Kindly make sure to use the code only in the Portal configurations where you want to hide the +New support ticket option and leave out the rest of the portals. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers!