Question

How to edit ticket summary field if another agent originally entered it?

• 4 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

How do I edit the Freshdesk ticket Summary field if another agent originally entered it? One of my colleagues is away this week, so I took over his ticket and set myself as the Agent. However, when I went to update the Summary that my colleague had originally entered, the Edit button was invisible. That makes no sense. I’m now the agent on the ticket. I should be allowed to edit the Summary. Please tell me how to do it, or please fix it if this is a bug. This is a very common use case.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @JKB57,

Welcome to Freshworks Community :)

The edit button on the summary feature would still be visible even if the ticket was assigned to a new agent from the previous agent.

Sample screenshot of edit option available in Summary

The only scenario where the edit option won't be available is when the Summary added agent is deleted from the system. Could you please confirm if the Summary added agent is active in the system or a deleted user? Or see if you are provided with any custom role where the ability to edit other agent's notes is not provided

Custom role with the ability to edit only their own notes not others

To know more about the custom role. Kindly refer to the below article:
https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/97077-how-to-create-a-new-custom-role-and-why-

I hope this helps!

Here’s to you
Vidya D

Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service :) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

You can disregard this. Our excellent Freshdesk Administrator resolved this. Apparently, there is some sort of setting to allow it. Cheers! We are so happy now.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @JKB57,

Thank you for getting back and updating us. Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to reach us if you need any further assistance. We are delighted to assist you :)

Here’s to you
Vidya D

Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @JKB57,

Thank you for getting back and updating us. Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to reach us if you need any further assistance. We are delighted to assist you :)

Here’s to you
Vidya D

I’m delighted to be assisted by you.