Question

How to fill Contact fields?

• 30 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’ve created a ticket form with many of customs fields, all of them are linked with a newly created ticket.

In addition I have a few fields in the form (phone, telegram id, job title etc) which have to be linked with a user, not with a ticket. How to add information from these “user” fields to the Contact details?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @equal.postost 

I would like to extend a warm welcome to the Freshworks Community. If you wish to add ticket field values to a contact field, you can make use of the "Trigger Webhook" action in automation (Ticket creation) and leverage the Freshdesk APIs to update the contact details.

To help you with this, I am sharing a sample webhook request that you may find useful:

To: POST https://yourdomain.freshdesk.com/api/v2/contacts/{{ticket.requester.id}}

Payload:

{ "phone":"{{ticket.cf_phone}}", "job title":"{{ticket.cf_job_title}}" }

Cheers!

Badge

Thank you, but I am absolutely zero in webhooks, automations etc

Is there any possible just copy some standard fields from a ticket to a contact?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @equal.postost Can you please share details about your instance in DM? If you can share the form link with me, I can help you with the exact automation that need to be configured to support this usecase.

Cheers!