Question

Is this FreshDesk's Forum Software?

• 19 January 2022
  • 1 reply

I was searching to find the best way to manage feature requests and bumped into this thread: 

https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/50000003204 - this looks like the FD forum software we have. 

I started milling around and found this site.  A lot more sophisticated functionality.  Badges for end users for example, very visible upvoting (below example)

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello @Rick F -- welcome to the community!

I’m afraid this is a separate platform altogether (by inSided) that we use to power the Refresh Community, allowing you & other members to connect with us and each other. Discussions that happen on this platform feed back to our product & technical teams, as necessary, but ultimately serves for a peer-to-peer engagement (so if you’re looking to pass on an idea to our teams, or ask a question, this is the place.)

Freshdesk, of course, has its own forum module that is embedded within the product and serves alongside your other assets and channels, tying it to the existing functionality of the Freshworks platform (from converting topics to tickets, vice-versa, its automations & more.)

Does this help answer your question? Were you looking to find a way to manage your own org’s feature requests, ideas, user feedback etc.?