Multiple Email Accounts

I see we can have multiple email accounts if we have multiple products in the form of support@product1.com, support@product2.com. But can we have multiple email accounts in the form of support@acme.com, sales@acme.com, bugs@acme.com ?

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Hi Rinch

Yes, its possible to configure Email IDs like that. As a matter of fact, we ourselves, use support@freshdesk.com for Customer Support and bugs@freshdesk.com for Tracking Issues/Bugs reported internally or by End Users.

You may configure this from the Email Settings page and assign mails for bugs@freshdesk.com to a Group "QA", that has a few developers to track and fix these bugs or to Sales, based on your requirements

Hope this helps.

regards

Vijay

Ok, that sounds great. However, I don't see anyway to do that on the Email Settings page. Your solution for multiple email accounts shows a Add Another Email Address button. I don't seem to have that button on our Email Settings page. We're now using FireFox 5.

Hi Rinch

Sorry for the confusion here. We are revamping our solutions.

You may do this from Admin -->> Multiple Products and Add Bugs or Sales as another product. Once you do that, you can even create separate portals,forums,solutions etc.

Let me know if you need any help on this front.

regards

vijay

We have signed up for the Pro edition of FreshDesk. So apparently we don't have the Multiple Products feature. Are you saying that unless your customers move to the Premium edition they are stuck with only one email address, specifically support@acme.com, and cannot have a support desk that handles sales@acme.com? That would not be good. It also looks like the capability to handle more than one email address was built in to the Basic and Pro packages and is now being moved exclusively to the Premium package. Is that what you mean by revamping your solutions?

Sorry, a bit further on this. From looking at the Multiple Products feature during the trial and from your explanation of how that would work it appears that even with the Multiple Products feature you cannot have multiple e-mail addresses in the form of support@acme.com and sales@acme.com. The best that could be done would be support@product1.com and sales@product2.com. But what if you did not want or require a multiple product configuration? Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Hi Rinch

No need for you to move for Premium Plan. Please check this solution article on How you can configure multiple Email address in Basic Plan itself.

http://support.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/4/folders/7/articles/841-can-i-add-multiple-email-addresses-to-freshdesk-for-basic-and-pro-plan-customers-

regards

vijay

Thanks Vijay, that works quite well for part of what we require. So we can get email with the address sales@acme.com coming in to the sales team but when they reply to the email it goes out as support@acme.com. If the customer then replies to that email it goes to support@acme.com and to the support team rather than the sales team. So the sales team would not be able to carry on a back and forth email conversation with a potential customer.

Is there some way to use the Dispatch'r to configure a rule that would ensure replies to sales@acme.com get sent out as sales@acme.com? Or for that matter, incoming bugs@acme.com goes out as bugs@acme.com? Or is there another solution?

Thanks

Hi Rinch

Unfortunately, its not possible to have a different "Reply-to" Email in this case.

regards

vijay

That could be a deal breaker for some companies. I'll add this as a request for new features.

Is there an update to this?

We have 3 people in a support group (example: IT@company.com), and once the ticket is assigned to an agent, it would be nice for all future replies on that ticket to be emailed from the agent it is assigned to, instead of from the entire group. That way, further email conversations do not include the whole group, just the agent and the person who submitted the ticket. Now, when I add a note to a ticket, and hit reply, it goes to the ticket owner as IT@company.com, so when they reply, it goes out to the whole group, instead of just me.

Perhaps when replying, ALL agents who are in the support group can show up in the dropdown for the "Reply-To"? Or, in the settings somewhere, an option to set the Reply-To to be the person the ticket is assigned to. If not assigned, it would default to the group email. So basically the Reply-To would change when the ticket assignment is changed.

Mark

Hi Marko,

Let me try and understand your question a bit. Currently, when a ticket is assigned to a group, you can have the whole group get notified about the new ticket. But once it is assigned to a specific agent, all further conversations/ notifications will only go to the agent - not the entire group. So when Alex (a customer) sends a support query that gets assigned to IT, Bob, Michael and everyone else in the IT group will get notified. Once the ticket is assigned to Bob, though, Michael and others will no longer get notifications for every ticket reply.

This is the default behavior in Freshdesk, so if your groups are getting notifications for all subsequent replies, let us know.

Regarding having a separate reply-to address for each agent - currently this is not possible. But the replies are threaded and only the assigned (working) agent will be notified. Also you can personalize the "From Name" in your email replies from the email configurations option.

Maybe we don't have our setup configured properly, or we are limiting
ourselves because of the type of account we have set up there at
Freshdesk (we have 3 agents set up, with 0 seats more available). I'll explain a little
better how it works currently.

Right now, when someone enters a
new ticket, a notification email gets sent to 'IT@ourcompany.com'. (In our
Freshdesk email setup, we have only one global support email defined,
'IT@ourcompany.com', which autoforwards to another email address at
freshdesk.com.)

'IT@ourcomany.com' is also an internal distribution group on our email server set up with 3 people in the group,
all in IT. Once we get an email from Freshdesk that a new ticket has been created, we then decide who should take responsibility for it.

If I then log
in to Freshdesk, and update the ticket, even after assigning it to me,
the reply still goes out as 'IT@ourcomany.com', to the person who opened
the ticket. If they just hit reply to that email (for example, if I
asked a question for further clarification), it comes back to
'IT@ourcompany.com', which then goes to everyone in the IT group
(because that's an internal distribution group). Their reply doesn't
even go into the ticket system; I have to copy and paste their reply
back in if I want a record of it. What I'd like to see happen is when I
change the responsibility of that ticket to me, any replies from that
point forward get sent to the ticket-starter using my email as the
Reply-To ('marko@ourcompany.com'), and not 'IT@ourcompany.com'. It would
also be nice if their reply also got put into the ticket system as
well, but perhaps things would need to be set up differently I think for that to
happen, and I'm not sure Freshdesk supports that kind of setup.

Sometimes people just send an email to 'IT@daman.com', which we've told them is alright, since quite often it's just a quick thing like "my printer isn't printing" which we don't need to log a support ticket for. For those cases, we just use reply all, so everyone in the IT group knows the issue has been taken care of.

I hope that makes clearer how we are using Freshdesk. Like I said, maybe we need to set things up differently, or we are not using Freshdesk like it should be used.

Thanks,

Marko

Ah, now I get it! You get notified everytime someone replies to a ticket because you also have your support email ID also doubling up as the group alias (IT@company.com).

The simplest solution to this would be to disable the "group alias" in your email server - since emails coming into IT@company.com get assigned to the group, all 3 agents will be notified on any emails coming ehre anyway. And once one of your agents picks the ticket up, the group doesn't have to get notified anymore.

IMO, you should try temporarily disabling the group alias and see if that solves the problem.

Also on a side note, just wanted to let you know about Email Piping in Freshdesk. If your agents receive a support email from a customer to their email (mike@... instead of IT@...), they can just forward a copy into your support address and Freshdesk will automatically create a ticket with the customer as the original requestor, and assign it to the right agent (mike, in this case).

Thanks Vikram,

After further conversations with the rest of the IT group, we decided we wanted to maintain the visibility of replies for everyone in the group, so I guess we're going to leave things as they are. At some future point, we may change how we do things, so thanks for the information above.

Regards,

Marko