Note Added Observer Rule

If I'm forwarding a ticket to a third party and this this party replies, a private note is added to the ticket. 

I seem to have no way to know if this happens. 

I want to create a rule that sets the priority of such tickets as Urgent. 

When I try this, there's no way to say "..and the events are NOT performed by", so I can't make a rule modifies these tickets, because it would also modify the tickets I personally adds a private note to. 

Any suggestion here?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Hmm -  I can't see a way for the observer rules to fit in here - do the agents not get notified when a private note is added to a ticket?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Leet,

Unfortunately, we do not have a way of performing actions based on replies from third party at this point. 

We will definitely consider this over and see if we can address in future. 

Anna

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello,

Sorry that we've missed to update this thread for a very long time. In order to setup automations based on the 3rd party replies , you could use the Note is added function in the Observer rule. Here's how you can setup the Observer rule :

When any of the events occur -> Note is added , type - Private

And the events are performed by -> Requester 

Actions -> Set priority as Urgent 

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Just discovered this thread and want to challenge the solution suggested. The scenario, which we also have, is where the note added is from a 3rd party - an internal colleague in another department for example - who is therefore neither the agent or the requester. The Observer rule which Aravind put forward would therefore not work because there is still no option for the rule to trigger on "note added by anyone".

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Badge +7

Not sure about this one. How does the note get added? Have you tested Aravind's suggestion. My feeling is that the term "requester" in a ticket is not always what one would expect. But I am only basing this on what we have seen when an error was made with the email address. 

Hi Mark. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my message. The good news is that we think we've figured out why it wasn't working and I'm bad for not spotting this earlier. The group on which we saw the problem occur was not included in the rule setting - it was a new group which had recently been set up and the rule had not been updated to include it. Whoops!

For clarity the exact scenario was a ticket was created by an email from an internal colleague (A) which had been sent to our helpdesk address and copied to an external customer (B).

We forward our email response to the external customer (B) who then replies. This gets added as a private note because it is a reply to a forwarded email.

We have an Observer rule in place which is:

When an action performed by... Agent or Requester

involves any of these events... Note is added (any type)

on tickets with these properties... status is not open; last interaction does not contain "This ticket is closed and merged into ticket" (so we don't reopen merged tickets immediately); group is one of those where we want this action performed (this is where the problem occurred)

performs these actions... status to set to open

We think this will work now we have updated the groups but will report back if it doesn't.

Thanks again and apologies for adding to the chain.