Numbered list cuts off to the left when copied in from other sources

• 15 September 2015
  • 4 replies

When copying in a numbered list, for example from an Outlook email, the numbered list items display too far to the left, off the screen area.  

For example, from a Word document, I have:

When I copy the entire set of text into FD, I get:

Sometimes when it copies into FD, not only are the numbers missing, but the first few characters of text.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Badge +6

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. The team will be looking into it to analyse the issue and fix the same. 

Sajesh

This happened when a requester mailed replied to me. The listing (1., 2. etc.) was gone, but I could still see them in the "New Reply Received"-mail in gmail.

Kind Regards,

-Fredrik Järnbröst

Objective Solutions

We have just experience the same issue, only this time it was not a numbered list, but rather a list of items like the following:

4 x cats

7 x dogs

the numbers were cut off from the e-mail in Freshdesk, however they were visible in the original e-mail.

Looks like this thread was started over a year ago - is there any word on whether this is being worked on?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello folks,

We've made several enhancements with respect to the copy-paste action and the way how attachments can be added to the reply . Can you please check and let us know if you're still running into such issues?

Cheers!