Out of office

• 10 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

We recently implemented the default out of office feature in FD, we have hit a few hurdles and I wanted to check if the community have similar issues or suggestions:

1. It appears as though only an administrator can perform an out of office for another agent and this is done by impersonating them. Not ideal 
  2. I can’t seem to find any dashboard or report that provides a list of agents currently OOO.
  3. We have to manually assign people or a group that must receive the notification when a customer replies to an agent that is OOO. We would prefer a method to assign this to a specific role e.g. team lead, you can obviously do this manually but people change roles and then you have to remember to add them or change them.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It would be great if we could get this kind of out of the box capability in freshservice as well. Takes a lot of work to build automations to replicate a similar behavior.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Stephenatk 

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

Answering your questions,

1. It appears as though only an administrator can perform an out of office for another agent and this is done by impersonating them. Not ideal 

• That is strange. The out-of-office scheduler feature which is available from the pro plan allows not only the admins but also the agents to schedule the days during which they aren't available - scheduling-out-of-office-for-agents

1. I can’t seem to find any dashboard or report that provides a list of agents currently OOO.

1. We have to manually assign people or a group that must receive the notification when a customer replies to an agent that is OOO. 
  •  When a customer responds to an agent that's out of office, you can choose whether you want tickets to be re-assigned to an available agent or your team to help with the customer until the agent is back. Solution article for your reference - scheduling-out-of-office-for-agents

• Alternatively, you can also use the above-mentioned application to reassign tickets to groups or agents.

M0KeUuvqLB7WQjcHjSA1Vvv9wk5LBHwivG3DRfcr-F-t4myHFm1etLtXu7UIfL8X16Rl_ua5YzXp-cqgm6Xy7ONoiGWR8B7XFesyJYqmlbDWuJTyzZBiszhTxb0I15YPVEc_eRu4N_0vLJkbmmrFAQ

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further queries :)

Cheers,

Aishvarya.