Question

Overwhelmed with number of ticket fields for multiple forms

• 15 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Help! We have requirement for multiple ticket forms - ie 20. Each has bespoke ticket fields in them. Ie one might have a drop down ticket field callled “Certificate Type” and the other might have a drop down field called “Historic Type”. These are bespoke terminology to our business and customers. Do I have to create a ticket field for each one? I have done a few forms now but we have so many ticket fields I am sure I am doing something wrong and there is a better way to do it? Our agents have to also close down all these fields.

6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

You can create multiple ticket fields and ticket forms. However, you can customize the ticket form to contain different fields specific to the type of your business or your support process. 

While creating the ticket form, you will have an option to insert the ticket field that you’ve created (refer the screenshot below)

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yes this is what we are doing however we are finding that we now have many many ticket fields. They seem to have to be created in the ticket field area first and then imported into the ticket form. You cannot have a generic field and then edit the title or content once its in the ticket form itself.

Badge +1

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I can totally understand your concern, but you cannot create a field in the ticket form. You have to create a field in the ticket fields section and have to select which one you want to bring in into the corresponding ticket form. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yes, hence the problem. We will have hundreds of ticket fields to create this way.

Badge +1

I can certainly understand this. This is definitely an interesting ask and we are happy to explore the possibilities of this feature. You can also raise this as an idea so that other community members can vote for this and bring attention to our product teams.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @JCMLI1973 ,

I hope you’re doing well!

I understand that you wish to create just one ticket field and use it in different ticket forms with different labels. That is possible.

You can edit the label for the customers:

You will be able to have a Generic field and change the name for all the different Forms.

Please let us know if this helps!

Regards,
Jebas D.