Poorly worded description in default "Submit a ticket"

• 2 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I had posted about this in the ideas section and as there has been no action, thought I’d post here too.

The descriptive wording for the “Submit a ticket” box on the customer portal site is horrible and should be changed ASAP.

Currently says:

“Describe your issue by filling up the support ticket form”

Better wording would be:

“Describe your issues when completing the support ticket form”

An even better option would be to give permission for admins to insert their own wording.

I know that one can fix this on their own if they have the Pro or Enterprise editions of FreshDesk, but it doesn’t make sense for me to pay a couple thousand more a year, just to fix poor grammar.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @lcoughey 

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

We can certainly understand your concern here. We’ll indeed have this feedback passed to our product team. However, you can bring this up on our Ideas page so that it gets more visibility from our product team and might resonate amongst customers with the same need.

However, you will have to be on a higher plan in order to use the portal customization feature to have this changed at the moment. Apologies for not being of much help here.

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further queries.

Badge +1

I also just submitted this. I, too, have the growth plan.

This wording "Describe your issue by filling up the support ticket form" doesn't make sense.

Would love to see Freshdesk change this to "Describe your issue by completing the support ticket form."

Badge +2

Same here. I did a double take when I saw that wording for the first time. By the way, we’re on Estate Classic with portal customization seemingly enabled, but I can’t change it… Should I be looking at Multilingual Support instead?

Also,

However, you can bring this up on our Ideas page so that it gets more visibility from our product team

@lcoughey said they’d done that already, and it had got no engagement.

Your suggestion for better wording is definitely an improvement. It's clear and concise, and it doesn't use awkward phrasing. Giving admins the ability to customize the wording is also a good idea, as it would allow them to tailor the language to their specific audience.

Hopefully, FreshDesk will take your feedback into consideration and make the necessary changes.

Your suggestion for better wording is definitely an improvement. It's clear and concise, and it doesn't use awkward phrasing. Giving admins the ability to customize the wording is also a good idea, as it would allow them to tailor the language to their specific audience.

Hopefully, FreshDesk will take your feedback into consideration and make the necessary changes.

I like your suggestion. Its clear and up to mark for my services company

I had posted about this in the ideas section and as there has been no action, thought I’d post here too.

The descriptive wording for the “Submit a ticket” box on the customer portal site is horrible and should be changed ASAP.

Currently says:

“Describe your issue by filling up the support ticket form”

Better wording would be:

“Describe your issues when completing the support ticket form”

An even better option would be to give permission for admins to insert their own wording.

As you know freshworks offers customizable features, including language settings, in their products. To update the wording in the ticket submission box, you can explore the customization options within the Freshworks platform. Typically, Freshworks provides the flexibility to modify text and labels to align with your preferred language or messaging.