RECORDING

[RECORDING] Agent Roundtable I: Delivering Empathetic and High-Quality Support

• 1 November 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The virtual streets of Freshworks Community came alive last Thursday as 55 of our members got together to hear from the Super-Agents Panelist, @Emily Flanagan and Micah Harris, Riverside Insights, @IngramIT, Ingram Micro, Dean Allison and @Aaron Turnbull, NBS, and Alex Fahey, Clair, at our very FIRST Agent Roundtable! 

✅ If you missed it or want to watch it again, get to it! ✅ 

Here are the top take-aways:

📢 Understanding what it means to be empathetic in your every day job.

The importance of taking the time to put yourself in the customers shoes, see through their lenses, and understand why they are reaching out to support.

💬 Showing empathy when talking with customers.

1. Gauge and tailor your tone to match that of the speaker.
  2. Ensure the customer knows you are there to help by letting them know you are prioritizing their issue, and will help them with a resolution: “I understand why you are frustrated, and this is how I can fix it or get “buy-in” from those who can help”, Emily Flanagan.​​​
  3. Own up to a situation. Acknowledgement and Transparency are key!
  4. Bring in the human aspect: Dean Allison, NBS said, “Your human, not just a voice at the end of a telephone line” 

Tip by@Aaron Turnbull: Flag or keep note of the conversations, so you can refer back anytime while speaking to the customer.

👉Maintaining an empathetic or customer forward attitude, especially when you’re having a bad day.

🧰 Feature toolbox within Freshdesk and Freshchat that help you engage with customer on a empathetic level.

1. Make use of canned responses
  2. The ability to search for previous tickets of a customer: Pull up their history, without asking the customer to repeat their problems.

0 replies

Join the Community or User Group to Participate in this Discussion