Reverse Message Order

• 19 February 2016
  • 11 replies

Apparently this is a feature that is highly requested with no progress made on it. I saw there was a Freshplug for this already that doesn't work and seems complicated. So I decided to make my own and it's perfectly on modern browsers. I did NOT test on older browsers, so YMMV. It reverses all messages and moves the redactor to the top. It also puts the ticket subject in the last message so you don't have to scroll to the bottom to see the subject.

P.S. I realize I copied the thumbnail from https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/37867 but I didn't feel like taking a screenshot from my tickets then having to blur everything. The thumbnail gets the idea across.

Instructions

1. Download the zip file.
2. Unzip and open the .txt file
3. Copy the code from the file
4. Go to Admin->Integration->Freshplugs in you dashboard and click the new Freshplug button
5. Give a Name and Description to this plug for future reference
6. Select the text box “Show this widget in ticket view page”
7. Copy the code from the .txt file here and click the button "create and enable"thumbnail_21711.png

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

thanks, this works a treat!

Thanks Gabriel, 

After unsuccessfully trying to use the script from Freshdesk I tried your solution and it directly worked!

To help other people that want to try this solution, point 4 needs an update. With the addition of the app center this point has to change to:

4. Go to Admin-> Apps -> Custom Apps in your dashboard and click the "New Custom app" button

Excellent! Well done. This makes the flow much more intuitive.

Excellent and works like a charm - Thanks so much

Thanks for sharing this Gabriel!  The script which Freshdesk had given me worked ok for us but it did have an (annoying) erratic scrolling behaviour on some tickets.  Freshdesk themselves could not account for it on a support call.  Your script works perfectly and as a bonus it also fixed that scrolling issue, which is brilliant.

Very handy, thanks ! I think this should be standard in Freshdesk. Cheers.

Very handy indeed! Will this work when printing the ticket as well? 

Probably, since that's how the page is being displayed in the browser. I've never tested it.

Badge

Nice work on this. Its perfect!

Hi

Can you help me on how to add app file to heldesk as i don't see any integrations option and also the files attached for download is a txt file.

Hi! 

It looks like this plugin doesn´t work with Mint version. Is there an update in the near future to support this version? Please! :-)

Regards

Niklas