Solved

Scheduling tickets with Outlook Calendar.

Since this basic function isn’t built-in to one of leading ticketing systems, how are people scheduling tickets with Outlook? 

I’ve asked about Outlook Calendar integration with support chat and via direct email to support@freshdesk.com. Freshdesk has not provided a response.   

There’s not even a ‘calendar’ tag available in this forum. Are people just not using calendars any more? How to you schedule your day and week? 

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 1 June 2021, 13:53

View original

8 replies

Anyone know how I can get actual support from Freshdesk on this? I can’t overstate the importance of getting this to work. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Anthony,

Apologies for the delay in getting back here. We can see that your queries have been addressed via a ticket raised. Just in case you missed our latest response, at the moment, our product team is working on the Outlook calendar integration, however, we do not have an ETA for it.

For now, you can make use of the in-house ticket reminder for your use case. An alternative could be, you can use our APIs to build an integration with Outlook to proactively trigger ticket creations on a recurrent basis, or, we can help you connect with a systems integrator who can build this for you at an additional cost.

Thank you,
Freshdesk Community Team

Not one single person in all of the FreshDesk users has ever needed to schedule a ticket? Am I living in an alternate universe? This is like asking if anyone has ever needed to poop. 

We need to schedule tickets. How do we do that? 

A ticket comes in, Bob needs to do the thing, I want Bob to do it next Tuesday. How do I schedule Bob to complete the ticket? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We understand your predicament here, Anthony. 

Since we do not have a native Outlook calendar integration at the moment, we suggest our customers make use of the in-house ticket reminder feature, like mentioned earlier. Article for help: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/232272-add-reminders-in-freshdesk

As an alternative, you can use our APIs to build an integration with Outlook to proactively trigger ticket creations on a recurrent basis, or, we can help you connect with a systems integrator who can build this for you at an additional cost.

Feel free to write to support@freshdesk.com for any further queries and we would be happy to help!

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

Any new ETA for this integration?

I assign the ticket and set the due date. Works for us.

Badge +1

We understand your predicament here, Anthony. 

Since we do not have a native Outlook calendar integration at the moment, we suggest our customers make use of the in-house ticket reminder feature, like mentioned earlier. Article for help: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/232272-add-reminders-in-freshdesk

As an alternative, you can use our APIs to build an integration with Outlook to proactively trigger ticket creations on a recurrent basis, or, we can help you connect with a systems integrator who can build this for you at an additional cost.

Feel free to write to support@freshdesk.com for any further queries and we would be happy to help!

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

any new update for integration?

Badge +1

Hi All,

I’m super excited to announce that we’ve just launched the Recurring Tickets for Freshdesk app on the Freshworks Marketplace.

Freshdesk Recurring Tickets Integration | Freshworks Marketplace

You can create daily, weekly, or monthly schedules to create tickets.

What’s more is that you can configure multiple actions to execute during every schedule.

It’s available right now for only $29/month.

Cheers,

Arun Rajkumar