Solved

Sort ticket events (most recent at top)

• 5 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I have again come across a FreshDesk UI that seems so obvious to me that my very first reaction is that the problem here is behind the keyboard ie. I haven’t learned how to do this yet.

When viewing a ticket, events (replies, notes) are listed in chronological order ie. the most recent events are at the bottom. Pretty close to 100% of our tickets have enough events that scrolling is required, just to check the most recent event.

Any time I have to do the same thing, over and over, all the time and for what seems to be THE most common use case - I just have to believe I am missing something obvious.

Can someone please tell me how I can configure FreshDesk so that the most recent ticket events are listed first?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by dave.kavanagh_19928 5 August 2021, 16:11

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi Markwill,

Dave here; Success Manager in UKI, and previous Freshdesk customer of 2 years.

Don’t worry! You can easily change the order of events on a ticket, and it’s not always obvious where to look for a setting like this.

You have two options:

1. Set the order for all agents
  2. If an agent prefers the opposite order from what you set, they can set their own order

You can see exactly where those settings are in the Freshdesk knowledge base: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/239341-sorting-ticket-conversations-with-freshdesk

Userlevel 2

Oh wow Dave - THANK YOU! I do find the UI pretty inconsistent (and discoverability a pretty consistent issue) but this is awesome :)

Thank you again, sir!