Question

Tickets coming in that do not have our support email in the "To" section

• 21 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I know this sounds like an active directory issue but thought I would post something anyways. Hoping someone has seen this issue or has a solution. The problem we are encountering is tickets will come into the dash that are not meant to be routed to our support email. Whether this is spam emails, auto replies, and general messages we have checked within our AD and there is no group or rule in place for these emails that are coming through. We get the full array, amazon replies to one of our employees in a different department, spam, stuff from our vendors meant for someone else in a different region. 

We have spam filtering on within Freshdesk and cannot seem to find the root cause of this issue, anyone have any ideas? We are going to contact MS as well, but this only occurs within FD so figured I would try both lanes to find a solution, even if it is a minor inconvenience. 

Thanks!  

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @CNelson954,

​Greetings from Freshworks Community:)

I understand that you've been receiving some unwanted emails to your support address, which are being forwarded and turned into tickets in your Freshdesk account. Just so you know, any emails that come to your mailbox will automatically become tickets in Freshdesk. 

Unfortunately, we can't separate the emails before they become tickets, but we can mark them as spam after the fact. 

I hope this helps clear things up! If you're still having trouble, could you please send me some screenshots via DM explaining the issue so I can investigate further?

Happy Freshdesking!