URL placeholder in link is not expanded

• 21 August 2013
  • 7 replies

Hi,

While configuring the email notifications I noticed that when creating a link (using the link button) with {{ticket.url}} as target, the placeholder was not expanded to the actual URL. Instead the link pointed to <ourdomain>/admin/%7B%7Bticket.url%7D%7D.

I seem to remember that this was working in your default messages but now I could not make it work.

Thanks for any insight!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Staffan, 

Thank you for writing to us here. 

Can you please give me a number where I can reach you and a convenient time so that we can jump on a call to sort this out sooner?

Looking forward to your reply back. 

Thanks,

Anna

I have the same problem.

Any solution to this request?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Ivano, 

I am adding you up on Skype right now so that I can sort out your issue sooner. 

Thanks,

Anna

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

The insert link would expect a parameter in the web link format. Hence, direct placeholders will not replace a field provided for links.

However, as a workaround, you could enter: https://domain.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/{{ticket.id}}, in the insert link field, for the above requirement.

Cheers!

Any solution? 

screencaptureon2018-04-11at16-46-44_31973.gif
Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

We're working on a fix that will allow you to use placeholders in links constructed via the email notifications. Will update this thread as soon the changes are live.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello,

We've deployed the fix across all pods. You'd now be able to insert links in the email notifications that includes ticket related content as placeholders. 

Cheers!