I’m curious if anyone has struggled with callers getting stuck in the wait queue, even though there are available agents. Here’s my situation:
- Call comes into IVR; callers presses 2 to talk to agent
- Rings to all available agents (2-4 logged in at a time) for :60.
- If agents are available but don’t answer (because they’re working on another ticket), go to Rollover Call Queue
- Play Wait Queue Message, append position to wait message
- Problem: The call only rings back to agents in a new call comes into the queue or if the agent moves into the “available” status.
- If the agents finish their other ticket and can now take a call, they call may not ever ring to them again, meaning the caller is just stuck in the queue until the max time.
How do others handle this? Do you require your agents to stop working on calls and take the ticket? Do you separate duties so phone agents are never distracted by other tickets? Do you have agents flip their availability on and off to trigger the phone to ring again?
Thanks for your help!