Question

Automated Weekly Export of Updated Ticket Data for Customer Volume Analysis

• 3 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am currently working on an analysis of our customer support data. Specifically, I aim to determine the percentage of the total ticket volume that each customer contributes on a weekly basis.

In order to do this, I need to regularly export our latest ticket data, ideally on a weekly basis, in an automated manner. I want to ensure that the exported data includes all recent updates to the tickets, to accurately reflect the current status of our support system.

Could you please guide me on the best way to achieve this in Freshdesk? I am particularly interested in:

The recommended method for automated data export in Freshdesk. Is there an API endpoint, or a feature within the Freshdesk interface that I can use?

How to ensure that the exported data includes the most recent updates to the tickets.

Any specific settings or filters I should apply during the export to ensure that the data is suitable for the analysis I plan to do?

Thank you in advance,

Noor

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi, 

If this is for a BI tool, then there is an option to schedule a csv file export via API, you can play around with it - https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000000033-exporting-your-data-in-analytics#To-receive-the-export-file-via-API