Sticky ASK ME ANYTHING

Ask Me Anything: Automation in Freshsales | October 27 - November 3

• 27 October 2022
  • 9 replies
Ask Me Anything: Automation in Freshsales | October 27 - November 3
Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey, I am Srini.

I have been with Freshworks for over 4 years. I joined Freshsales as a customer support engineer. A year ago, I moved to the products and engineering function of Freshsales. I love solving problems, building creative solutions, and partying! Drop a Hello in the comments! :)

It's time to talk automation in Freshsales!

Here’s how it works

👉Community members and Freshsales customers share drop their questions around Freshsales and automations in the comments section below

🕵 I will reply to each one of you with my thoughts and suggestions, doing my best to solve any challenges you might be facing

Dates: This conversation is open from October 27 to November 3. 

💬Wondering what you can ask me? I’ve listed out a few to make it easier:

• 1. Automate a series of emails with Sales Sequences in Freshsales - When, Why and How.
  • 2. Categorizing contacts and assigning to sales people - How can Freshsales help you?
  • 3. Let automation take over this holiday season - What are some best practices to route calls during the holidays?

No time like the present to get your queries resolved! See you in the comments.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Srini :-) ! Thanks for the session! I’d like to hear your thoughts and best practices on how to automate with the holiday rush? What would be some of your do’s and dont’s?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Srini :-) ! Thanks for the session! I’d to hear your thoughts and best practices on how to automate with the holiday rush? What would be some of your do’s and dont’s?

Hi Alyssia, this is a great question. It really depends on the industry and type of business. But I will try my best to give certain common best practices during the holiday rush. 

Dont’s: 

- Don’t compromise on quality of communication and content. This could be sales conversation, marketing content, ads or any form of communication. 

- Don’t SPAM. No one likes spammers. Any engagement with customers, keep measuring its performance. For example, if you have a sales sequence or marketing campaign, keep a watch on bounce rates and delivery rates. 

- Don’t create a large batched campaigns for your engagement. This is not going to improve your sales conversion. What could help your conversions is splitting the large audience into smaller targeted segments. With the smaller segments you would be able to customise better. 

Do’s: 

- Invest in automation. Trust me, it saves time. Even if you could save 2 clicks for a very frequent action of your team, it can improve their performance overall. 

- Test everything. Make sure to test your process and engagement automation. You don’t want to be putting out fires during the holiday rush

- Prioritise personalisation. Try to make sure your engagements with customers are personalised. 

This is a good read on making the most of your Freshsales Automations - https://www.freshworks.com/crm/sales/sales-automation-software-blog/

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

For Freshservice, Is there a more detailed list of features that are available in the different plan tiers?  know the major modules are listed on the pricing page, but there are many(?) minor features that aren’t listed or documented.

For example, custom objects are only available in the Pro and Enterprise plans.  This is a pretty big deal for workflow management.  Also, support has also told me that the Slack Servicebot is only available for Pro and Enterprise users (despite what the online documentation says).  I know I have run into other situations where not being on the right plan has been a roadblock, but I haven’t been keeping a list

We are trying to justify to the organization that we should move to the Pro plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @bfish. Thanks for reaching out regarding this. I’ll let @Vishal Nema help you out with this query.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Srini :-) ! Thanks for the session! I’d to hear your thoughts and best practices on how to automate with the holiday rush? What would be some of your do’s and dont’s?

Hi Alyssia, this is a great question. It really depends on the industry and type of business. But I will try my best to give certain common best practices during the holiday rush. 

Dont’s: 

- Don’t compromise on quality of communication and content. This could be sales conversation, marketing content, ads or any form of communication. 

- Don’t SPAM. No one likes spammers. Any engagement with customers, keep measuring its performance. For example, if you have a sales sequence or marketing campaign, keep a watch on bounce rates and delivery rates. 

- Don’t create a large batched campaigns for your engagement. This is not going to improve your sales conversion. 

Do’s: 

- Invest in automation. Trust me, it saves time. Even if you could save 2 clicks for a very frequent action of your team, it can improve their performance overall. 

- Test everything. Make sure to test your process and engagement automation. You don’t want to be putting out fires in during the holiday rush

- Prioritise personalisation. Try to make sure your engagements with customers are personalised. 

Thank you @Srini :-) for the detailed response! Very interesting to not create a large batch campaigns for engagement, guess it holds true to be as personalized as possible as well! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

For Freshservice, Is there a more detailed list of features that are available in the different plan tiers?  know the major modules are listed on the pricing page, but there are many(?) minor features that aren’t listed or documented.

For example, custom objects are only available in the Pro and Enterprise plans.  This is a pretty big deal for workflow management.  Also, support has also told me that the Slack Servicebot is only available for Pro and Enterprise users (despite what the online documentation says).  I know I have run into other situations where not being on the right plan has been a roadblock, but I haven’t been keeping a list

We are trying to justify to the organization that we should move to the Pro plan

Hi @bfish hello from team Freshservice!
You can refer to this detailed feature comparison page: https://freshservice.com/service-management-features

Hi - can you help with a query on email campaigns. We have sent out two recent campaigns, but need to urgently resend to all those who have not yet opened the email - can you advise how we this easy. THANKS

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi - can you help with a query on email campaigns. We have sent out two recent campaigns, but need to urgently resend to all those who have not yet opened the email - can you advise how we this easy. THANKS

Hi @Aisha BG - thank you for your query. I have flagged it to our team and they will get back asap. Please let me know if there’s anything else you need to check on. Thank you