Question

Send one off WhatsApp Campaign message from CRM

• 6 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We have WhatsApp integration successfully setup: When testing a made campaign (with WA template and all) it works directly from Freshsales Suite CRM (technical setup) when e.g. testing a campaign and entering my own number. ✅

However, in order to send/use such a message (“We have done x for you”) I need to create a journey that somehow gets triggered by an “event” from another system.

Question: Would it be possible to just click a button, like sending email, SMS, etc, to send to WhatsApp? 🤔

Or, how could I easily send a WhatApp message to one contact, using Freshsales suite, without making a contact-field, setup a segment, have that segment trigger a journey that sends the message. Feels like a lot of too much work.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, 

Greetings from the Freshworks Community! 

Currently, the Whatsapp messages can only be triggered to the customers via Journeys. However, it is not mandatory to have a trigger outside the system. A simple alternative would be an event, like adding a set of contacts to a list or a segment. 

Please follow the steps below for the example, 

1. Add the required contacts to a “List” where you’ll have to bulk select the contacts and move them to a list created. PFA screenshot below for reference, 
  1. This action of uploading the contacts to a list can be used as a trigger in the journey to send out the whatsapp messages. 

1. This way, you can skip the part of choosing an event or checking for a field value but directly send the messages via Whatsapp for the contacts in a list. 

Kindly try this suggestion and let me know if that works for you. 

Have a great day! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

First of all, thank you for your reply 🤩

Something similar is what I have implemented, when adding to the list send the WhatsApp message and remove from that same list: 

And yes, with the multiple times setting on:

The reason that I want to remove from that list as well is that we want to be able to send this message more than once. However, the “remove from list” does not work when executing the journey that is triggered by that same list. So, the contact stays in the list indefinitely. 😢

Any clues?

Edit: Small addition, if I manually clear my list, and re-add the same Contact to the list again, it will also not receive the same WhatsApp message a second time 🤔 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Setup

I just made:

• A brand new list
  • A brand new journey that is triggered by being added to that list:

And again, “A contact can enter into the journey multiple times” is set to true.

Execution

I just added my Contact to the list. And the message was sent through WhatsApp right away ánd the person was removed from the list. ✅🎉

I added the Contact again to that list, nothing happens. Person stays in the List and nothing happens.

Question

Why is this not working? Why does it not pickup a second addition to the same list, even though “A contact can enter into the journey multiple times” is enabled? Is there a minimum time the Contact should NOT be in the list, before I can add him again?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Rogier, 

Thanks for reverting back. 

Glad to know that the first execution worked as expected. With respect to the steps not being executed the second time via journey, despite the toggle being enabled, we’d have to check this further. 

Kindly share your Freshsales account URL and your email address where I can communicate with you on the next steps of analysis. 

Awaiting your response. 

Badge +1

Hello Rogier,

Here’s an alternate approach to this as well:

You can create a custom field designating the whatsapp message to be sent:

This can then be used in the contact field match trigger to send a whatsapp message: