Question

Workflows - Deals Updating Lifecycle Stages

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I’m in need of some help when setting up workflows in Freshworks. 

I have workflows that ensure deat stages trigger updates to contact lifecycle stages, however, I am running into an issue if a contact has multiple deals associated.

i.e. Contact 1 already has a Deal in the Won Stage

But, Contact 1 is also associated to another deal in the Discovery Stage

How do i prevent the workflows from automatically updating Contact 1’s lifecycle stage back to Discovery?

The ideal workflow would be

IF Deal Stage is in Discovery

AND Contact Lifecycle Stage is not in Won 

UPDATE Related Contacts Lifecycle Stage 

Although these joint workflows don’t exist from what i can see.

Appreciate any advice from the Community on this :)

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey James, 

Greetings from the Freshworks Community! 

Please find the solution to achieve this use-case below, 

You would have to create two workflows in the following order and the workflows would have to be positioned in the same order as well, 

1. Workflow 1 - Copies the contact’s lifecycle status to a custom field in the related deals. 

This way, the contact’s status whenever it is not marked as won but any other status, it will be copied to a custom field in the related deals. 

1. Workflow 2 - Using the custom field in the deals module to update the related contact’s lifecycle status. This should be an “Everyday” workflow which means, the workflow will be triggered once everyday at the mentioned time. The reason to keep the 2nd workflow in this format is, we currently do not support cascading workflows in real-time. 

Here, I have given an example for a fixed status and a fixed value, however, you can also use a reference value as well. 

I hope this helps, Kindly check the same and let me know in case of any further queries, I’ll be happy to help out! 

Workflows are detailed lists of tasks, while Lifecycles serve primarily as visual aids to illustrate the high level stages that a client would go through.